Chapter Twentyone

We were all sat on Joshes bed except for Josh himself. He sat in his gaming chair.

"Okay so Nikki is supposed to be flying back in five days, and I don't want her to go back to Shannon after seeing what she does to her. I was thinking that we should let her stay here as long as she wants so it doesn't happen again," Josh spoke. We all nodded.

"Where would she stay though, because Lee is going to need her room back eventually," Vikk said.

"That's the part that I haven't figured out yet," Josh replied. We all sat in silence for a while thinking of what to do.

"We could turn the room with the table tennis into a temporary bedroom and put the table in the corner of the living room?" JJ said sounding more like a question than a statement.

"That could actually work! Good job JJ!" Josh said. I smiled at the thought that Nikki would be staying here. Her dream was to always come and live in the UK where she could be near Josh. They may have only met each other six years ago, but they have a bond that is even stronger than me and her share.

"She is going to be so excited!" I said smiling.

"We are going to take her shopping tomorrow, we'll at least I am," Josh said.

"I want to go too, I can make another vlog," I said and Simon said that he would go and vlog too.

"I have to get some videos done and out so I'll stay home," Vikk said and JJ said that he would be doing the same.

"Well, let's go and tell her then," Josh said while standing up and heading towards the door.

We walked into the living room to find Nikki on the couch and on her phone. She looked up as she saw us enter. My phone started to ring so I went into the kitchen while they told Nikki the news. I didn't recognize the number but answered it anyway.
(L=Lee, S=Shannon)

L- hello?

S- where is she? I know you have her!

L- who are you talking about and who is this?

S- you can't even remember your own mother's voice. Where is Nikki?!

L- she is with me and you are never going to see her again, I will see to that!

S- I will find her and take her away from you so she doesn't catch your bisexuality and I'll do to you what I have done to her!

L- over my dead body!

She had hung up the phone and I had tears of anger welling up in my eyes. I threw my phone onto the floor and watched as it shattered. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw them all in the doorway staring at me like I was crazy.

I could feel the walls closing in and I needed to get out so I ran to the back door and outside. I ran to the nearest tree and started to climb it. This was my stress reliever when I was a child, before cutting.

-flashback-

I climbed up the tree in the backyard as my father was chasing me. I sat down on a branch and leaned up against the trunk. I sat there and shook for a while with my knees pulled up to my chest.

"Lee, come down, you can't just run away from your problems," Dean shouted up from the base of the tree.

"I can't come down, they will find me!" I said in a shaky voice. In elementary school I was bullied a lot. Every day I would walk home from school and be chased and sometimes punched or beat up. It was a group of boys, also part of the reason why it's hard for me to trust guys.

"LeeLee, I promise that I will keep you safe, I will never let anyone hurt you," he said. He is such a liar.

"Okay, daddy," I said as I slowly began to climb down the tree. When I was at the bottom he hugged me and took me back inside. The next day, they beat me up again.

"I thought you said that you would keep me safe!" I yelled at him with tears falling from my swollen, black eye.

"Sometimes you have to fight back to protect yourself when others can't be there for you," he said as he turned and walked into his room. I went back out to the tree in a big sweater and slept there on the tree branch.

-end of flashback-

I sat on a branch and pulled my knees to my chest. I looked down to see Simon, Josh, and Nikki at the bottom.

"She used to do this as a kid all the time instead of cut," Nikki said. "Dad would have to try and persuade her down or lie to her to get her down. She used to even sleep at night in a tree."

"What should we say to get her down now?" Josh asked.

"Here let me try. Lee, I will protect you and keep you safe. All you have to do is climb down and we can go inside," Simon said looking up.

"How do I know that you aren't lying like he did to me all those times?" I said.

"Do you love me?" He asked.

"Yes," I said.

"Do you trust me?" He asked. I stayed silent and thought for a moment before I answered.

"Yes," I said just loud enough for him to hear.

"Then come down and I will never break my promise," he said. I slowly started to get down. I was shaking so much and it was hard to get down. After a couple of branches I couldn't do it anymore.

"Simon, i can't do it, I'm too shaky," I said and my voice slightly trembled as I gripped on to the branch, not wanting to fall off.

"If you trust me then jump and I'll catch you," he said straightening out his arms to prepare himself. I nodded and closed my eyes before I jumped and when I opened them I was safely in his arms. I snuggled into him and he held me closer to him.

We went inside and sat in the living room, just the four of us.

"So who was calling you and why?" Josh asked.

"It was Shannon and she wants Nikki back. She said that she didn't want her catching my bisexuality and was going to do what she did to Nikki to me when she finds us," I said and a tear streamed down my face and Josh whipped it off.

"I promise that it will all be okay," he said and that made me smile.

----------------------------------------------

So I made this chapter a tad bit longer to make up for yesterday's shorter one. I am super busy with camps and stuff right now so that is why the chapter yesterday was so short. I hope you enjoyed and I will try to get another chapter out tomorrow, bye!