Chapter Fortyone

I woke up and looked over to the clock. It read 3:54 am. I got up and quietly made my way to the door, careful not to step on Josh. I went next door to the bathroom and shut the door behind me.

I leaned against the counter and stared at my reflection. There are dark circles under both of my eyes from the lack of sleep. All of this shit going on with Shannon has really done a toll on me.

I splashed some cold water from the sink onto my face. Then I dried off my face with a towel. While I still had the towel on my face, I heard a creeping noise and stopped dead in my tracks. I slowly looked up to see the one thing I didn't want to see: Shannon.

I was in so much shock that I couldn't even move. I stood there just staring at her for a while.

"Well don't just stand there, give your mother a hug! How long has it been now, two, three years?" She said with a smile on her face.

"First of all, it's been four fucking years, second, you are not my mother anymore. What you have done not only to me but Nikki as well, you shouldn't even get the right to call us your children," is said in a wavering voice. Shannon slowly walked around me to the door and locked it. That's when I realized she had came in through the window.

"Well if that's the way you want to approach this, two can play at that game," she said with a smirks as she shut and locked the window as well.

She walked up to me and slapped me across the face. I fell to the ground and cupped my cheek in one hand and propped myself up with the other.

"I tried to be nice," she said and kicked my leg, "but since you chose to play mean, I'll show you what I can do."

She pulled a bandanna from her bag around he body and tied it around my mouth. She then tied up my hands behind my back and propped my back against the wall.

"Now, let's see what we can find here," Shannon said as she started to rummage through some drawers under the sink. Then she went to the cabinet behind the mirror. "Bingo," she said and pulled a box of brand new razor blades out. She opened and took out a razor and turned towards me.

My eyes widened at the realization of what she was going to do. I tried to scream and shout and back away from her. She only got closer and closer.

"Hush now, you might wake the others. If they find you before you're dead, how am I supposed to get your sister back? Do you remember those words you said to me? What were they, oh yes,'over my dead body'. And I said that I could arrange that, so here goes nothing," she said and kneeled down to me.

She lifted my sleeve to reveal all of my scares. She shook her head and smiled. She placed the blade to my skin and cut me deep over and over again.

I screamed out in pain but it was muffled by the bandanna in my mouth.
Tears were streaming down my face. Then all of a sudden there was a knock at the door.

"LeeLee, you okay in there?" I heard Tobi ask. I tried to scream again and again. "Lee open the door right now!" He yelled and banged on the door. There were other footsteps and voices shouting.

Shannon was still cutting away at my arms. She had moved from one to the other and there was now a puddle of blood in the floor.

"Since I don't have time to finish the job, let's at least make this as painful as possible," Shannon said standing. She kicked me in the stomach twice and then in the head. I instantly pulled my legs to my chest to cover the baby and I couldn't help but think of what those two kicks had just done.

My head started to spin as the bathroom door was kicked in. I fell onto my side and watched as Shannon was tackled to the ground by JJ, Rob, and Ethan. Tobi and Simon were by my side in seconds. In the doorway stood Josh on his phone, probably getting the police and an ambulance. Behind him was everyone else and Nikki was crying and hiding in Harry's chest as he held her in a comforting hug.

I slowly looked back over to Simon and Tobi's faces and they were talking to me but it was hard to hear them.

"Keep your eyes open Lee, stay with us!" Tobi yelled but it sounded like he was underwater.

"Baby, it's okay, help is on the way, just stay awake!" Simon said in what sounded like a whisper. His face was extremely pale and I thought he could pass out at any moment. They took the bandanna off of my face and untied my hands and tried to stop the bleeding in them. I lifted my arm from their grasp and placed my palm to Simon's cheek.

He looked down at my face with tears leaking from his eyes and placed his hand on top of mine. "I love you so much, please don't leave me," he said and squeezed his eyes shut.

He opened his again and I felt mine get heavier. I lifted my other hand and did the sign for 'I love you all' and that's when I heard Josh sob. He was the only one who knew what it meant besides Nikki and she didn't see it.

"She just said I love you all," Josh said whilst crying and that's when everyone else started crying and everything went dark.

Black is all I see. I must be dead. I can't believe I'm dead.

"Simon, we need to leave," I heard a voice say.

Wait, if I'm dead, how can I hear people. I can't be dead.

I opened my eyes and was blinded by the bright lights of the hospital, a sight that is too familiar. Simon was sat with his head down in his hands and I heard the door click shut.

I looked down at my arms to see a lot of stitches. I looked back over to Simon. "Simon?" I said trying to get his attention.

At the sound of his name he sat up right and looked at me before engulfing me in a hug.

"I thought you were dead" he said and tears formed in my eyes.

"So did I."

----------------------------------------------

I am so sorry. Things have been bad in my life since I last updated and I just either haven't found the time to update or I haven't been in the mood. I've been feeling a lot more depressed lately for a number of reasons but I won't get too into them unless you really want to know. Let's just say that I'm okay now and that I will probably be updating weekly from now on on this story and my other story, 'they call us the sidemen' and if you haven't checked it out yet then you should. Well yup, I'm back so expect more updates. Until next time, Ilya, bye!