Part 15 [Julius]

Julius didn't find much comfort in Taj's words. His hopefulness to a situation where hope was impossible gave away his nativity more than anything. If anyone else had taken his confession so lightly, Julius would have been furious with them, but with Taj it was always different. Taj reminded him of himself when he was that age, so curious and full of life and ambition and hope. In fact, he'd been at about the age Taj was at now when his mark that bonded him to his little brother started to appear for the first time. In those days, he was far less bold than he was now, and remembered how he'd felt too embarrassed to go to Iris and show him the mark. Iris had been different though, and showed Julius with much rejoicing, only then did Julius find the courage to tell Iris that he was developing the same mark. One might not have known it by looking at them and their very different personalities, but Iris had always been Julius source of strength, without him he would not have been able to become the strong leader that he was now. It was obvious that Taj couldn't comprehend that kind of love, even if he thought that he could, no one could really know what it felt like until they experienced it for themselves.

"Your concerns are noble, but misguided. I have never heard of any Corvine that purposely removes their Avaens' mate marks, they are depraved, but usually not that demented. Accidental removal through mutilation or burning would be nearly impossible, as the mark as to be completely removed, clear to the bone. My gentle brother is no longer in this world, so there is little point in searching for him now. However, he did have teal eyes that always looked sad or thoughtful and long silver hair, perhaps those details will find the bastard that did this, so at the very least, i may return the favor."

Julius wanted more than to simply kill the one that did this, he wanted them to feel pain and humiliation a thousand times over and make them watch as their loved ones were slaughtered in front of them. He wanted them to feel first hand what it was like to be raped and broken over time, to hear the miserable creature crying and begging for mercy before Julius was done with him, such was the brutal rage that boiled inside of Julius' broken heart.

Julius pulled himself into a sitting position and expanded his own wings, easily wrapping them around both himself and Taj, who seemed to be distressed by his distress. There was nothing that Taj could do to console him at this point, but he valued the boy's attempt in any light.

"Don't fret for me, little one, the spilling of Corvine blood will heal my wounds."
He wrapped his arms around Taj firmly, stroking his blue-black hair idly as he indulged in thoughts of revenge. He held Taj for a few long moments before he finally released his grip on the boy, folding his wings back to their original position on his back.

"Go, get some rest. We will meet again tomorrow."
Julius said reassuringly, patting Taj on the shoulder as he led him to the front door. As much as Julius liked having Taj around, he needed some time alone for some self reflection and to recover as much as possible from his grief, something that would never fully leave him, but perhaps he could channel it for good use.