Part 21 [Iris]

Behind the pain and suffering, Iris also felt something else, something that frightened him to his very core. He sensed the pleasure that Lykaios experienced. He knew what the other was feelings beyond simply hearing the pleasurable moans and sighs that escaped his tormentor's parted lips. Iris had never wished not to have his ability, or wished to silence the emotions of others around him, but in those instances there with Lykaios, he would have much rather been alone in his mind to suffer with his pain silently. Although the pain was far too great for him to exactly feel for himself the enjoyment that his owner felt, the ability to do so was there, just below the surface, and that frightened him more than anything else. Making love had always been something that Iris felt on a level that most people couldn't even begin to imagine. Every kiss and caress brought him his own pleasure, but it was also wrapped in the pleasure of his lover which he felt like a reflection in a mirror of emotions.

He could still remember how Julez had loved to make him squirm and blush and there was never a moment when he didn't realize Julez desires for him. Knowing that he made his lover feel good was perhaps one of the most euphoric things that Iris had ever known, and now that feeling was twisted and perverted into something so completely horrific that Iris feared what it might evolve into.

Even then, Iris still had the ability to think of Julez, to miss him greatly and all the kindness from his heart. Bonds between Avaen mates were a complicated thing. While removing the mark was a big step into removing the bond, there were cases where even that wasn't enough to completely break apart two lovers. One example being those that had been mated for a long time, much longer than Iris and Julez, who by Avaen standards were still fairly young. When two Avaens spent hundreds of years of their lives together, removing their mate marks would most likely result in the death of both lovers from the overwhelming sadness and emptiness that they felt from being alone. Another type of bond that could survive having the mark removed were those that had blood ties, apart from being mated. It wasn't common for siblings to mate with one another, but it wasn't taboo either, and such was the case with Iris and Julez. They were more than just lovers, they were brothers, making the memory of Julius a much harder thing to remove from Iris' mind than Lykaios could have predicted.

Apart from the pleasure that Lykaios felt, Iris also picked up on what seemed like Lykaios thinking of himself as something of a Shepard of hope and life, something that was confirmed by Lykaios' twisted words that almost came across as a prayer. The only thing worse than a demented mind, was one that could not and would not recognized it's own demented perversion. How sad and pitiful Lykaios truly was to think it was right to break down someone because they did not conform to his idea of mentally and emotionally stable. Iris himself felt broken and cried until his eyes were dried out, and yet he still had the smallest place in his heart to feel sorry for his attacker and perhaps later, when his mind was allowed to rest he would think on it more and give more thought to his analysis of the others emotional readings.

The fingers inside of him and the salve spread across his broken opening, healing the flesh but burning his skin in the process, his mind coming to expect the pain at the very least, though his body still trembled and ached a thousand times over. By the time Lykaios entered him again, Iris could barely scream anymore, his throat sore and his voice strained like never before. The second time was even worse than the first, as he was tore open again, his inner flesh raw and bright red with inflammation. His emotions were a sea of confusion, fluctuating from his desire for the pain to end, to his sorrow and pity for Lykaios, to how much he missed Julius. It was all just too much for him to bare, and with every torturous thrust Iris felt a little more dizzy and lost, and at the same time that he felt his body being filled with hot, stinging fluid, Iris' mind went as black as the room that surrounded him as he lost consciousness from the overload of pain and emotional distress.