Part 38 [Julius]

Julius quickly found out that kissing Taj was not anything like he'd expected. He honestly didn't think that he would feel so much from such a simple gesture. By the time the kiss ended, Julius' heart was pounding against his chest, and he wasn't sure exactly when it had started. It was hard to admit to himself that Taj tasted better than he would have imagined, the taste even lingered in his mouth after Taj pulled away from the embrace. The feelings that Julius had for Taj were not in the least bit fake, even if he didn't feel like he could fully trust Taj. Julius loved Taj the way that a father loved a child, and for a Avaen, that didn't take away from the prospect for romantic feelings. Now more than ever he wanted to wrap his arms around Taj and hold him close, to be able to tell him all the things that he needed to hear to mold him into the best person that he could be. He knew how Taj felt about him, and part of him wished that Taj had fallen in love with someone else, because Taj deserved a love of his own that wasn't complicated.

"Matters of the heart can be more complicated than you know. Someday you will understand. Of course Iris will always be in my heart, in both life and death, that is the nature of Avaen mating, but I have been on this world for many years, and I plan on living on it for many more years to come, even if he is gone from this world. I am not. You are still sweet and innocent, I wish that I could protect you from the hardships of war. Someone like you should be experiencing true love for the first time right now, not caught up in these ugly matters." Julius replied, though when Taj went back to talking shop, Julius let the matter drop for now, and also focused his mind on the important task of figuring out who was behind this malicious task, though now more than ever Julius wanted to believe that it didn't have anything to do with Taj. He listened to all of the suggestions that Taj made, the one about it maybe being one of his own personal was the most disturbing. It made him frown deeply to even think that any Avaen could do something so twisted to one of their own.

"Those are all possibilities. I'm counting on you to get to the bottom of this. We can't afford for to happen again, Corvine or Avaen, it doesn't matter, this could be deadly to our operations, especially if it causes a widespread panic. This all needs to be kept low key, no one besides those involved in the investigation need to know that this could be anything other than just a freak accident. We both have our jobs cut out for us with this one, so get started right away."

Julius stepped back over to Taj, this time placing a gentle kiss on his forehead, commenting quietly while his lips were still touching the others skin, "Come to my quarters tonight, if you'd like to talk some more..." Julius offered before he ruffled the younger male's hair in his usual fashion, offering Taj a brief smile before he stepped out of the office, off to work on his own tasks for the day.