Part 46 [Julius]

"Mm, no, it's no weapon. Just a the last of a native flower that I've managed to sustain here. It's rather precious to me, a reminder of the gentle durability of my people. They've been completely wiped off the planet, so not much of a chance of being used against the Corvine, who they seem to have a rather negative effect on." Julius replied with a slight disappointed tone to his voice as he put the planet safely away. Though that wasn't completely true, only the part about their not being any more of them on the surface was true, the part about Julius not having any more of them was not. That was just one of the things that only Julius had information on, and he wasn't about to share it with anyone, especially on a whim. Julius was good at keeping his secrets secret, it was part of the reason that made him the ideal person for leading this revolt against Corvine rule. Though as it were the flowers were nothing more than an irritation to the Corvines, but it was still worth investigating and working on, and perhaps with the Starlight flower could help turn the tides of this war.

Julius' attention was turned back to Taj when he felt the soft touches to his hair and wings, making him shiver. No one ever touched his long hair anymore, and it was a sensation that he missed very greatly and the touch of his wings was also welcomed. They were sensitive areas for Julius and he couldn't help but lean into the affectionate touch. "As do I, my sweet Taj... but someday I will once again have the ability to roam freely in my natural colors, along with the rest of my brothers and sisters." Julius replied softly and with complete honesty. He longed for a time when he could go into town without having to worry about being caught and enslaved. But even being able to go out with his hair and wings dyed was a luxury that only he held, the rest of his people either lived in pain and torment or in hiding, and he wanted nothing more than for that to never have to be the case again.

"Here, drink this, it will sooth the burning." Julius said as he dropped a few drops of medicine into a cup of tea before he handed it to Taj. He poured himself as cup as well, taking a sip with a thoughtful sigh. It had been a long day, one to which he was greatly looking forward to the chance to rest and relax for a few hours before he had to start the routine all over again. instead of actually sitting down, Julius stood at Taj's side after he'd sat down in one of the bar stools so that he could be closer to the young male.

"What's on your mind?" Julius asked the other, reaching out and running his fingers through Taj's hair gently.