Part 44 [Tajadin]

Taj had often wondered where Julius disappeared to some days. He had attempted to follow him a few times but with little success. He knew only that Julius was working on a separate project than those that Taj knew about first hand, likely something only Julius himself knew about. Taj's attempts to learn more had been few and far in between, mostly because it was hard to stay under the radar looking into something like that. He didn't want to bring undue attention to himself. To be fair anyone would want to know what Julius was up to and if they were half as good at sneaking around as Taj, more would probably do so. But Taj didn't want Julius being too mindful of him and hoped that perhaps, instead, he would stumble across something or that Julius would become complacent and make a mistake that allowed Taj to find out more. For now he made due with what he could more easily find out and Lykaios hadn't seemed too concerned with Julius' secret plot just yet. He had cautioned Taj against sticking his nose in too far and instead advocated for Taj getting closer to Julius and gaining his trust in order to find out about the secret projects. Taj supposed being invited to Julius' room for late night talks counted as a step toward such closeness. Taj jumped a little with Julius came in behind him. The man could be silent when he wanted to be. Taj covered his nose and tried to stifle his coughing as Julius put away the deadly flower. His nose cavity still burned and he was sure it would take at least a day to clear.

"What was that flower? Shit stings my nose...is it a weapon against the Corvines?" Taj asked as he came over to where Julius was making tea. He noted that Julius was back in his silver coloring. Taj liked Julius like this best as he found Julius' silver hair quite beautiful and longed to run his hands through it. As he came up next to Julius he couldn't help but reach out to touch the light colored wings as well, still faintly wet from being washed.

"I wish you could keep your colors like this all the time. They are very pretty." Taj said softly, pulling his hand back and sitting at one of the small stools, still holding his nose with one hand, making his words sound muffled and nasal.

Taj watched the tea being prepared, being reminded of his father for a moment and the foreign teas that Lykaios kept in the house. Taj had a small sample of some rare and expensive off-world teas in his room hidden in a container. He loved orange-pekoe grade teas, particularly ones made with fruit flavoring. There was a passion fruit and dragon fruit citrus one from some planet his father had been to that Taj liked most. He preferred the teas made with the buds and whole leaves rather than broken ones as the flavor was more robust in his opinion. His father drank many teas unlike other Corvines who drank mostly alcohol or a strong drink from their home planet that was hard to describe. Lykaios drank some wines but had a flavor array as wide as his tea selection from all over the galaxy. Taj missed that selection now, out here where he couldn't pull out his small stash without arousing suspicion or at least questions he didn't want to answer. The tea Julius was making smelled like a mix of middle and high grade tea, perhaps from a stash of Julius' own. The flavor seemed one native to this planet though Taj couldn't place it.