Try

Payton

"Would you just lick the diaper Victoria!" Amari yelled. I laughed at Victoria who gagged in every game we played.

Amari did really well setting up the baby shower. Some of my mom and her moms old friends are here and some of the girls from the school.

"It's Hershey!" Sage yelled.

Amari huffed at Victoria. "Your making us lose."

"Next time you lick it." Victoria suggested crossing her arms.

"Gladly." The door bell rung. I raised to go answer it but Amari beat me to it.

"What are you doing here?" Whoever it's was Amari must not have liked them.

Which could be a few people.

I peeked over Amari too see Hope standing with a gift bag.

She stared at me then finally spoke. "I was wondering if we could speak, Payton."

I nodded in agreement moving past Amari.

Hope cleared her throat. I looked back to see Amari still standing there with her arms crossed.

"I pretty sure Sage is winning by more points now." Her eyes widen and she ran into the living room. I closed the door and stepped outside.

"Here." She handed me the gifted bag.

"Thank you but why are you here?" I didn't want any trouble. My life was finally starting to get better.

"I came here to apologize."

"Continue."

"I thought that coming back into Ashton's life he would fall in love with me. I should've seen the signs the way he looked at you. He never stared at me that way. I guess I was more into love itself then to actually being in love. "

Wow. So many things still didn't add up.

"You have his baby?"

She shook her head yes.

"Had, do you have time for a long story?" She seemed ashamed but I said yes.

-----------------------

"Wow. Forty-five years." She nodded.

"I regret it every single day of my life. I visit her grave whenever I can. It's made me a stronger person and Ashton has forgiven me. I don't have friends back home. Everyone hates me. I deserve it. I'm just trying to do better. I figured coming here would be a start."

I understand why Ashton would keep it a secret it was a dark memory from his past that he he wanted to cover up.

I was happy Hope came to talk to me.

"Why don't you come inside." She seemed to think that I was joking until I stood up.

"Are you sure?"

"I respect you for coming here Hope. Everyone deserves a second chance so come in."

Amari appeared in the doorway. "Yea come on in I don't bite, not that hard at least."

"I don't think she likes me." Hope whispered in my ear as we walked inside.

"No worries she greets all her new friends this way."

"Lick the damn diaper Victoria!"

Me and Hope both laughed and joined them in the game.