Chapter Five; winning his heart

"What is it, El?" Lilian greeted my upset face.
"Boy drama," I sighed.
"Cheer up, you have to admit, running around wild and free, wind blowing in your face, it's amazing," her eyes lit up.

"Yeah, it is. Until your crush asks you out and your excuse is that you are turning into a freaking wolf tonight," I plopped down on the couch.

"Oh my god, Elena, babe I'm sorry. It will be done before you know it," she replied, referring to our transformations.

"Lily, its not that. Its just, I hate lying to him and you know it," I cupped my face in my hands.

"I know. It always is terribly hard. Which is why us wolves go with our mates," she raised her eyebrows up and down.

"I have not even met him, and you expect me marry him?" I rolled my eyes.

"Elena, he is not a stranger! He is your mate. Your true love that our wolf king has picked out for you. It must be true," Lily said, sarcastically.

"Great acting," I gave her a thumbs up.

"Why, thank you, my dear," she replied, holding her dress and bowing.

"And this is exactly why I love you, Lily," I smiled.

"Elena, you go chase after your dreams, win his heart and it will be our little secret," she always supported me.

"And my mate? The one true love the king picked out for me?" I burst out laughing.