Chapter Thirteen: no marshmallows

EDITED AS OF 9/24/17

"Hey, its Ed," my phone dinged.

I ran over and threw myself into my bed. I opened up my phone and looked at the message I had received.

I smiled and put him down as Edison in my contacts. I then replied to Edison.

"Hey, ed. You mind if I call you that?"

"Of course, El."

"Heh, how are you?" I replied.
"I'm great, you?"

"You made my day," I immediately regretted sending that. I was obviously flirting with him, and it was way too obvious. I'm also way too cheesy.

"Um, thanks El."

"Yeah, so what are you doing?"

"Studying," he replied.

Studying? Oh my. It was eight, and I hadn't even started my homework.

"I gotta go, text you later!"
I texted and jumped off the bed.

I ran over to my backpack and quickly unzipped it, then I dumped everything out of it. I grabbed my binder, my book bag, and a few pencils. I ran back and jumped on my bed again, this time laying on my chest.

I took out three packets of homework and went to work. My boring, long work. Ugh.

It was twelve o'clock when I finally shut my text books.

"I'm done!" I shouted, rolling over.

My eyes flew open when I heard a few knocks at my door, I groaned and rolled over, falling off my bed and onto the floor. "Ouch," I whispered.

"Hello?" I said, opening the door.

"Hey," Edison smiled one of his charming smiles that just made you want to grab his face and kiss him.

"Oh, hey. Whats up?"

"I just haven't heard from you in a while and wanted to check in."

"I'm fine. How about you come in and have some hot chocolate?" I smiled.

"Oh, I should probably get going."

"No, its okay, really," I opened the door.

He smiled shyly and walked in.

"How do you like your hot chocolate?"

"Hmm, no marshmallows."

I turned around, "no marshmallows?"

"Is that okay?"

"Its fine. I guess I just never met someone who didn't like marshmallows in their hot cocoa."

He smiled.

I came back with two cups of hot cocoa and placed them under a coaster.