Chapter Twenty Four; they know

*beep beep*
My alarm continued, causing me to jump in surprise.
I pushed it towards me and pressed many buttons, hoping to find the one to turn it off.
Eventually I just got up, very frustrated, and pulled out its plug.

I yawned and sat up, taking a sip of water from the cup that had been placed on my desk. It was cold and refreshing, as if It had just been placed there.

I pushed the cover off me and got off my bed. I grabbed each side of the cover and folded it and the very edge of my bed. Then I added my pink and purple pillows.

Time for school. Ugh.

I went over to the bathroom and brushed my teeth, took a quick and cold shower to wake me up, then put an outfit together.

A plain black shirt and some purple shorts. Did not go together very well, but who cares? After the week I've had, or at least they thought I had, who would be judging me for my cruel taste in fashion?

I admit, I might have been taking advantage of this. If anyone were to find out the truth, it will be twice the punishment. I'm trying to tone it down, but I know everyone will be wanting every detail. Surely an 'I don't want to talk about it' will do, but no one will take their eyes off me.

I got my backpack and headed out the house.

"Where are you going?" Christopher greeted me.

"School," I smiled.

"Um, are you sure about that?" He scoffed.

"Look, I'll be fine. Thanks for your concern," I smiled and walked off.

The whole walk I was given all sorts of nasty looks. Some just stared until I turned the corner, others shared gossip and rude texts.

There was a bit of relief when I arrived at the school, untouched.

Even the rudest bullies stayed put. They had always been punished for what they did, but they could care less. So why didn't they?

I walked in the school, and everyone immediately turned back to look. I walked over to my locker awkwardly as everyone laughed at me.

When I had finally arrived at locker 137, I opened it up and shoved my books into it.

I saw Lily a few lockers away and started running towards her. I got close enough to whisper in her ear.

"Whats going on?"

She shook her head.

"Please, Lily," I sighed.

"They think you're faking the kidnap story."

I took a deep breath and walked over to first period.