Chapter Six; the pie

EDITED AS OF 9/24/17
I've decided to stop combining chapters because of how short they are and instead leave them, short as they may be.

I stood at the edge of the lake. My head was spinning. Was Rick okay? Did he need my help?

When my shoulder was tapped, I ignored it. It was tapped one more time.

"Go away," I said without thinking.

"Alright," I heard a familiar voice sigh.

I replayed the voice saying the same words in my head over and over again, hoping to remember what was so familiar. I jumped up. Rick.

I stood up and turned around.

I ran after Rick.

"God! Slow down, girl in heels here," I laughed. I waited for him to laugh back, but nothing. It took me a good thirty seconds to realize he was not amused.

"Are you alright? I've been worried sick," I hugged him. He pushed me off, "I'm sure you were."

"What?" I titled my head, backing off.

He kneeled down and threw his backpack off his shoulder. I bent down, staring at him. What was it that he wanted to show me? Should I be worried? Is he going to pull out a knife? My paranoid self took over. I backed away.

"Chill, its just a pie," he said, waving around a small box in the air.
I took it out of his hand, "pumpkin pie" it read.

I slipped it in my backpack.

"Thanks. So whats up?" I said, coming closer.

"I came to your house last night to see if you were interested in some desert," he pointed at my backpack.

Oh no no no no no.

"But I'm sure you know how that story goes," he fake smiled.

"Rick! I know, I'm a jerk. Just let me explain, please."

He put his hand up. "I've heard enough, Elena. I get it. Not interested."

I went and stood in front of him, stopping him dead in his tracks.

"Rick, please! Its not what it seems!" I opened my eyes, hoping to see him standing right in front of me.

But he was gone.