Chapter Twelve: the leader

EDITED AS OF 9/24/17

"Isn't he kind of ignorant?" Lily tilted her head.

"I don't know, its just, he's so proper."

"Which isn't kind of weird for a wolf?"

"Oh its definitely weird," I replied.

Where did he come from? He acted like he was a prince. He was just a little ignorant, maybe like the king bee kind of ignorant. But, he was also crazy kind and caring. He wanted to be my friend without a catch. He apologized for hurting my feelings. He was a different kind of king bee.

He was meant to be the leader. Well, maybe he was.

"Lily," I gulped.

"Yeah?"

"What if he is the alpha?"

"What?" She shouted.

"He's meant to be a leader, maybe he is."

"I don't know, wouldn't we be the first people to know?"

"Thats the thing, maybe no one knows."

"How?" Lily asked.

"If he was chosen the alpha but too weak, another wolf could easily take over."

"Um, I don't know El, you sure about this?"

"If I am, will you help him with me?"
"Yeah, of course."

I thought for a second, what if he is so thankful he forgets all about Paige and falls for me?

God, what the heck Elena? You sound like one of those crazy psychos from Scooby-doo. You are not in a cartoon, this is your messed up life and you are doing this because you care. I reassured myself.

I walked inside the big orange bus and found a seat next to Lily.

"Lilian, right?" We heard a voice from behind us whisper.

We both turned around.

Confused, Lily replied, "Yeah. Whats up?"

We saw an attractive guy, probably the same age as us. He had blonde hair and greenish blue eyes.

"Um, you're in my science class, and you are really cute," he blushed.

Lily and I exchanged glances.

I smiled and nodded.

She began, "thank you-"

"Nick," he interrupted.

"Nick," she finished.

He handed her a crumbled piece of paper, she smiled and sat back down.
She opened it, and it had his number.
She looked back and gave him a thumbs up. He smiled and nodded.

It reminded me of Rick, but I wasn't happy as I usually would be when thinking about Rick. My mind was all over Edison. I felt bad, but I couldn't control my feelings. I looked back to see Edison laughing with his girlfriend. Me being a jealous freak for the second time this day, just had to give her the dirtiest look my face could do.

I saw Edison begin to look back, and I lowered onto my seat. I told Lily to hide me, so she gently put her backpack on my chest. From where Edison was sitting, Lily was sitting by herself.