Chapter Fourteen; typical girl

EDITED AS OF 9/24/17

"So, how are you and Paige?"

He put his hot chocolate down, "We're great. I like her a lot, and I wouldn't trade her for the world."

"Oh, well thats adorable," I smiled.

"We're the complete opposite though, its hard to find things to do together," he frowned.

"Well, what do you like?" I asked.

"I enjoy doing sports, basically there are some shows I could watch all day, and art is a passion of mine, what about you?"

"Um, are you reading my mind?"

"What?" He asks, confused.

"Excuse me," I laughed,
"But I think we have a lot in common."

"Wow, we should hang out some time," he smiled.

"We should!"

"So, what does Paige like?"

"She'll take me to cheer with her, girly movies, getting mani-pedis, shoe shopping, and basically everything that ends with shopping."

"Oh, so typical girl?" I laughed.

"Yeah! You aren't a typical girl though, are you?" He smirked.

I blushed.

"I'm really not into those type of things. So no, I guess I'm not."

"I like that," he smiled.

I looked into his blue eyes that lit up the room. For a moment, nothing else mattered. It was just me and him. I loved that feeling. It meant happiness, love, and everything I ever wanted. I felt like everything I ever lost came back to me, piece by piece. I leaned in closer and our nosed brushed against each others. Although, we were slowly interrupted and everything went back to normal. The normal I never wanted to return to.

His phone rang, it was his mother telling him to return home. We jumped up and stood there for a minute of awkward silence. Finally, he spoke.

"Thank you so much for everything, I have to go but we'll hang out soon, alright?" He smiled.

"Definitely," I hugged him.

When I let go, he took a look at my light pink lips, then up to my dark brown eyes. He kissed me on my cheek, then ran away.

I stood there for a few minutes, shocked. DID EDISON CLARK JUST KISS ME ON THE CHEEK?!