Chapter Nine: My mate

EDITED AS OF 9/24/17

"Do I have to?" I whined.

"Yes," Maria said, pushing me out of her red van.

"Have a good day, girls!" She shouted and drove away.

I waved and began to walk. I looked up at the big high school in awe. Its white walls rose to the sky, and it had a huge sign coming out of the ground,

"werewolves academy." Is that the best they could come up with?

"Wow. Aren't human suspicious of this school?"

Lily smiled, "only supernatural creatures can see this."

"So basically to everyone else we're morning drunks just walking into the middle of no where with backpacks?"

"Pretty much," she laughed.

As we walked into the huge school, it was full of strange smells and stenches. I walk the corner and look around, "okay, not so bad."

"Woah, um, El," she said, her jaw dropping.

"Whats up, Lily?"

She pointed her finger at a guy across the room from us.

I sniffed him, "oh my god, it can't be."

"It can be," she smirked.

I playfully hit her. I began to walk over, but a girl beat me to it. I still started walking, but stopped right when they shared a kiss.

I felt hurt. Why did I feel hurt? He was my mate, but I didn't know anything about him. Maybe Rick would forgive me and this would all be over with.

I thought I was fine.
But I knew I was otherwise when I ran into Lily's warm and cozy shoulders.