Chapter Nineteen: promise ring

EDITED AS OF 9/26/17

"Edison, what are you doing?" I shouted, keeping my eyes on the beautiful diamond ring.

"Its a promise ring," he smiled.

"It sure looks like some kind if wedding ring to me," I sighed loudly, a million thoughts ran through my heads, was this real?

"I guess you can say that," he smiled, walking over to me.

I shook my head, "Edison, think about this."

"El, I already have," he smiled.

"I don't know," I mumbled.

"Elena Baker, amazing friend and hopefully an amazing mate," he began, laughing.

I laughed back. A tear of joy ran down my face. Was I really happy? He had hurt me so badly I didn't know what to think.

"Will you do me the honor of promising me something I ask out of love," he sighed.

I smiled, waiting for him to continue.

"Will you wait for the time to come when you feel like you're ready to love me and ready for some kind of commitment," he smiled.

I nodded for him to continue.

"To marry me?" He finished.

I looked down at the ring and back at him, he looked so gorgeous. I wanted to spend the rest of my life with this idiot.

Tears of joy ran down my face, and I fell onto my knees, setting the ring down near him.

"Yes," I smiled.

"Wait, really?" He laughed out of joy.

"Yes, really! You're incredibly stupid and I can't see myself with such a dork, but I like you, a lot. I really want to see how things go," I smiled.

"I'm going to be completely honest with you and tell you that, that has to be the nicest thing a girl has ever said to me," Edison said laughing, picking me up and kissing me.

I giggled and shortly found myself kissing him back.

Wow. He was an even better kisser on the lips.

When he finally set me down, I just stared into his beautiful bright blue eyes. I caught him blushing, he's so adorable.

"So, do you want to go inside and continue our plans?" I smiled.

"You mean the plans I ruined because I was being a jerk?"

"Those are the ones," I smiled and gave him my thumbs up.

-

He scrolled through my aunts multiple boring channels until he found a football game.

I walked out of the kitchen with a bowl of popcorn in one hand, and some apple juice in the other.

Its okay to feel disappointed in me, it was my eighteenth birthday and I'm still sticking with the good 'ol apple juice.

"Find anything good on?" I asked, placing our snacks down.

He shoved a handful of popcorn into his mouth and pointed to the TV.

I took a quick glance to see that he settled for a game of football. I felt bad. This was probably the most boring date he's ever been on, he'd probably have more fun shoe shopping with Paige.

"I'm sorry, this is the worst date ever," I blushed.

"Date?" He smiled.

"Oh, um, is it not?" I blushed.

What the heck, Elena? Just smooth.

"Its okay," he smiled, taking a sip of his apple juice, "I'd love it to be."

I blushed, again, God he knew how to make a girl blush.

I nodded, "sounds good."

I sat next to him and took a sip from my apple juice, yum.

He put his hand on my shoulder and pulled me in closer.

For a minute, I sat their uncomfortably. Was he really holding me? It didn't bother me, but me? The shy nerd who sat in the back of the classroom? The one who had been rejected and friend-zoned one too many times, being proposed to by Edison Clerk? The cutest and sweetest guy here? God, what is going on?

I finally just leaned my head in his shoulder and looked up at him, smiling. He couldn't keep his eyes off me. God, that sounds messed up and incredibly ignorant.

And even though I barely believed what I was seeing, whenever I looked up, his beautiful blue eyes were staring down at me.