Chapter Twenty Eight; aching

Edison's POV:

I began to sob as I waited for Chris's answer.

He frowned and looked towards me, showing sympathy.

"I'm sorry," he quietly replied.

"No!" I tightly held her hand and began to cry.

I can't. This is not how it ends!

I furiously got up and began to walk off when Chris yanked me back, "what are you doing?"

"Finding who did this."

"Woah, kiddo! You do not understand! These people are stronger than us. Then me."

"Are you really that pathetic you won't get revenge when a beloved girl is taken away from us?" I shouted.

*gasp*

We heard a gasp behind us, someone struggling for air.

I turned around and ran over to the sight in disbelief.

There she was.

Elena Baker, the love of my life. She was sitting up and coughing blood.

Okay, not so romantic?

"Hey," I cried and hugged her as tight as I could.

She cuddled up and cried into my shoulder.

"Its okay, I got you," I sat there and repeated.

"Hey, Elena?" Chris called.

She let go of me and waved.

"Who did this?"

"I'm guessing you know who," Elena replied.

"Yeah."

Elena's POV:

My whole body is aching. I am in massive pain.

Thank god they came for me when they did, one more second alone and I'd be dead.

This felt like the kidnap story I had faked. Tortured, blindfolded (well, almost) and I barely got out alive. If I even will.

I was also mentally hurt. At the end of the day, my parents loved me. But I had no idea who they truly were.

Now, I am forced to pay the consequences.

But If I'm not dead, The Luna's did not get their 'revenge.'

I would be a target of the most dangerous pack out there that even our alpha couldn't take on? They'd probably just trade me in for peace. Surely Edison won't let that happen, right? But, then again, what could he do?

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"Excuse me?" Chris replied.

"Why didn't you tell me I wasn't wanted?" I shouted.

Chris went silent.

"Your parents didn't want anyone to know."

"My parents didn't want me to know a lot of things that would've kept me from this mess in the beginning!" I shouted.

"I'm sorry," he whispered.

"Hold on, what?" Edison replied, confused.

"Ask Chris," I scoffed.

Edison titled his head at Chris.

"Elena's parents were gonna give Elena to the Luna's because they didn't want her. And well, say hello to their big plan at revenge," Christopher confessed.

Edison scoffed, "wow."

"Tell me about it," I laughed, rolling my eyes.

"I'm sorry, okay!" Christopher shouted.

I bit my lip and nodded.

"Well, are we going to go? Or are you going to wait till I bleed to death?" I said, pointing at my wounds.

Edison laughed and picked me up, as Christopher led the way.

We got into a red monster truck that I really don't want to ride in but hey, better than bleeding to death.

He buckled me up in the back seat and tied an old sweater to my bleeding waist.

Then Chris drove off.

The beautiful sights here in New Orleans took my mind off the current situation.

After all this, I'd come clean about my fake kidnap story.

Its not the worst thing I've done since Chris has totally got me into this mess.

I began to drift off into a long nap and all my pain faded away as I dreamed how life here on the famous streets of New Orleans would be.

I opened my eyes and looked around, realizing I was in a hospital bed.

I looked to my left to see a little cup of water and a chocolate donut.

I drank the water and ate my chocolate donut.

I really needed to stretch. But I couldn't. So I just sat there, aching in pain.

I was not tired and no one was here with me, may I add.

I just sat their in silence which had to be the most boring thing ever.

Luckily, I was saved by Edison walking into my room.

He came in with a bouquet of roses.

"Aw!" I smiled.

He came over to the bed I was resting on and kissed me.

I smiled and smelled the bouquet of roses.

"They smell beautiful, thank you," I smiled.

"How are you doing?" He asked.

"Well, this has to be the most boring place I've ever been in, but its helping."

We laughed.

"So, I know about Lily," he smiled.

"Oh. Well then you know I could never do anything to hurt her," I blushed.

"Yes, I do. But what if you don't and we still get to be happy?"

"How?" I smiled.

"We find someone she falls head over heels for," Edison blushed.

"First, lets get her to wear heels," I laughed.

He laughed back and began to dig in his pocket.

He pulled out the promise ring and handed it over to me, "please just think about it."

"I will," I smiled and took the ring in my hand.

I still don't get how an adorable boy like him likes a plain girl like me.

I had brown wavy hair that came to my shoulders and hazel eyes.

I wore a chocker around my neck and enjoyed sports.

How did we go together?

All I know is that I am unbelievably happy to have him.

And lets not forget, super lucky.

If I went through with Ed's plan to find Lily happiness, it would probably be hard.

Everyone loved Lily. She had beautiful straight blonde hair and always knew the fashion trends, as she was always there for you and would never do anything to intentionally hurt you.

So why is it so hard?

Because she doesn't think she deserves happiness like she does.

She rejects all guys whether she likes them or not and acts as if its no big deal.

But I know better. She's hurt inside. She deserves all the happiness in the world, so I think this'll be good.

"Hey, Edison?"

"Yeah?"

"Lets do it," I smiled, putting on my ring.