Chapter Twenty Two: new me

I opened my eyes, trying to remember where I was.
When I remembered, I sighed loudly and got up.

I had taken a two hour nap.

My hair was messy and all over the place, my clothes were covered with wrinkles and hair. Ew.

I dusted off my shirt and pulled my hair back into a ponytail.

I took a look at my phone, which had multiple messages.

Edison: where are you?
Lily: look, I'm sorry el
Edison: are you okay?
Edison: do you want me to come get you?
Maria: text me as soon as you get this! I'm ashamed!
Lily: el, I'm worried sick.

I scrolled through the texts, trying to find an important one.
There were angry ones, worried once, sad ones, even random numbers had texted me.

Everyone would be so angry when I returned. They had been so worried about me, and I was just having a vacation. I'm sure I'm not the only one who's ever just needed a break, this can't be that selfish.

But Lily would never speak to me again. Lily's my best friend, even if I were to leave now, I'd never earn her forgiveness.

There was only one thing left to do, something I had never done before. It was the only way Lily and I would ever go back to how we were. Maybe even closer than ever. I wouldn't get beaten by the alpha, and Edison would protect me.

Of course, if they ever found out, I'd be dead.
Christopher would not spare me. Lily would be ashamed she was ever my friend. Edison and I, over.

Although, its worth a shot.
Its not like they could ever prove me wrong.

If I went through with this, I couldn't ever back out. In other words, I need to change who I am. The old me would never go through with this.

But the new me will.

To them, I was kidnapped.

I barely got out alive.

I shut my eyes.

When I re-opened them, I was ready.

I was ready to become the new me. With no hope, and definitely no mercy.

I walked out the hotel room, got in my car, and left.

I had brought nothing with me.
Not even my phone.

I arrived three hours later.

I got a knife and cut my face, leaving a scar.

This needed to be believable.
I began to sob and run out of the car, waving my hands at the pack.

They came running over to me with worried expressions.

"Are you okay?" One shouted.

Christopher came and took me in his arms, "what happened?"

I gulped, "I was kidnapped. I got away but I still feel like I'm right there, getting tortured with wolfsbane."

Christopher walked away with me, "Who did it? They shall not live another day, I promise."

"I couldn't see their face. They had blind folded me and asked me questions that I barely remember."

"Tell me one," he smiled.

"They asked where the pack was located," I cried.

"What did you say?" He shouted.

"Nothing," I said, putting my face into my sweaty hands.

"Okay, go get some rest. I'll be there shortly," he smiled.

I nodded and walked away.

When I arrived in my bedroom,
I smiled and wiped the tears off my face. I jumped on my bed and sighed loudly. I never knew I was such a great actress.

I laughed to myself, thinking about everything. I didn't care about Lily's forgiveness. I didn't really even care about Edison and his 'protection.' I could easily protect myself If I keep up with this great acting.

*knock knock*

I coughed and said weakly, "come in."

Chris walked in with a smile, "how you doing so far?"

"I'm a bit traumatized, but I guess I'm okay," I sniffled.

"Good. We're bringing you some hot chocolate and toast, sound good?" He smiled.

"Yeah, thank you, Chris."

"Of course, get some rest now darling, I'll be back soon and I want you to be ready to get up."

I nodded as he walked out the door.

What did he mean?
Was he going to torture me until I remembered?

Calm down, Elena.
You were just kidnapped and tortured enough, surely he wouldn't be cruel enough to do that. I sighed and shut my eyes, I really did need the rest.

*knock knock*

My eyes shot open.
I sat up and quietly responded back, "come in."

I yawned and rubbed my eyes, slipping out of the cozy cover.

He came in with a tray of toast and hot cocoa, setting it on my desk.

"Thank you," I smiled.

I took a sip of hot cocoa and a bite out of my toast.
I felt really dehydrated.

"Eat and drink up, when you're done I'll be outside," he smiled and walked out of my bedroom.

I nodded and blew on my hot chocolate.
It always made me feel so much better, with its cozy and warm feeling spreading through me.

I took a bite out of my toast.

I had a sick stomach and together, this small meal worked like magic.

Soon, every bit of toast was gone and I gulped up the rest of the chocolate.

I took a quick look at the door, wondering what was going to happen when I stepped out.

I shut my eyes and quickly yanked the door open.

I opened my eyes.

I shook my head in disbelief.