Chapter Twenty Three: its time

On the ground was a witch.
She had olive skin and beautiful brown hair. She was performing dark magic. Right above her stood an image.

An image of my mother and father.

"Momma?" I cried.

"Elena," she smiled.

"Our beautiful daughter," my father called to me. I came forward.

"Please leave us alone," I nodded.
The pack smiled and left the room.

I waved goodbye and turned to face the image of my parents.

"This has to stop," my mom shouted.

"You are better than this, my girl."

A tear escaped my eyes, "thats the thing momma, I'm not."

"But you are!" My father cried.

"Do you even know what it feels like to be so alone that you have to run away from your own family?"

"Elena, don't you get it? Edison is in love with you. But Lily is in love with Edison," my mom shouted.

I looked down.
Was this true?
I had put all this pressure on Lily and never even got to hear her out?

"Oh my God," I scoffed.

"El, we love you. But we can't stay here long enough to tell you right from wrong anymore, you have to do this yourself. It was great seeing you and we are so proud of you, but its time," my father and mother cried.

"Thank you, mom and dad. I love you, always," I smiled.

They smiled and disappeared.
I sighed loudly and walked into my bedroom, beyond disappointed this was my last time with them.

Five minutes later, I decided it was time I do what was right.

I stepped out of my bedroom and out of the house. As soon as I opened the door the pack came running towards me, asking me questions. Christopher came and pushed them away, nodding.

I smiled and started running towards Lily's cottage.
When I arrived, I saw her sitting on the porch, having a drink of coffee.

"Hey," I smiled.

"Hi," she smiled back and looked up.

"Lets talk," I said, plopping down next to her.

"Whats up?" She smiled.

"I know," I scoffed.

"Know what?" She asked, nervously.

"I know how you feel about Edison. Its okay," I said, patting her back.

"No its not," she cried.

I hugged her, "yes, Lily, it is."

"I'm not stopping you guys," she sobbed.

"No, you're not. I am."

"What? No," she shouted.

"Lily, I'm not going to marry Edison and just push aside your feelings like that. We are best friends, and our friendship comes first."

"Exactly. Which is why I'm letting you marry the love of your life," she laughed sadly.

"Its okay, Lily. I'm not ready anyway. I know you're going to hate me when you find out what I've been keeping, but I love you. Always."

She looked up with wide eyes, "I won't hate you, El. I don't know if I'll be happy, but I won't hate you."

I laughed, "yeah, well, we'll see."

----

Hi guys! Claire here, and thank you so much for reading + voting + and being amazing. Heh :)
Sorry for the short chapter! Next one will be longer. By the way, I am doing the next one right away to pay you back for not uploading! Love you my watermelons! <3