Chapter Thirty Seven: Alarm Clock

I looked around, where was I?
It was dark, but the bed I was sleeping on was comfy.
I was in the same clothes as when I was with Edison.

Then a light began to flicker on and off. I pulled the blankets up, slightly frightened.

"Hey, its me," Edison's voice called from the darkness.

Suddenly, the light turned on. Edison was standing in the doorway in some sweatpants and a t-shirt.

"Hey, how'd I get here?"

"You passed out last night when we were watching a movie," he giggled.

I giggled back, slightly embarrassed and very tired.

"I'll let you rest," he smiled and shut the door.

I sighed and wiggled around the side of the bed, looking for somewhere comfy.

Ten minutes later, I just gave up and closed my eyes, falling asleep.

-

I woke up to the sound of an alarm with a whole different ring to it. I wasn't sure how to press snooze, so it probably went off for a good ten minutes before Edison came in my room looking tired and flushed and REALLY ready to unplug the alarm. As he did so, I felt bad I woke him up.

"Sorry about that," I blushed.

He took a quick glance at me and smiled, "you did nothing wrong, my dear."

I leaned over and kissed him.

I don't know at what point in our relationship it became that easy to just kiss him, but it was. And to be completely honest, I loved it.

He smiled and took a seat at the edge of the bed, looking nervous. I smiled. I guess that gave him enough comfort to say whatever it is he had to say, because at that very moment he grinned- "I love you."