Chapter Seven; what I did to myself

EDITED AS OF 9/24/17

I walked through the door and threw my backpack off my shoulder and to the ground.

"Yikes! What did the floor ever do to you?" Lily laughed.

"More like what did I do to myself," I shouted.

"Um, I should get going," Lily smiled and walked out the door.

"Wait! Lily!" I tried to stop her, but she kept walking until she reached her beautiful cottage, just a few houses from mine.

Nice going Elena, first Rick and now you just gotta go ruin things with your best friend.

"Just great!" I shouted to myself, throwing my head into a pillow.

I wanted to cry so badly I couldn't even hold myself together. I felt like I was about to pop with tears, and I did, once I finally gave in and cried into my pillow for a good five minutes.

Then I finally stopped myself. Crying was a pathetic thing to do at a situation like this. I did this to myself. Its my fault and nobody but me is going to take the blame for this.

I went to the bathroom to get a Kleenex. I softly dabbed my eyes. I got another one and blew my nose into it. I lifted the lid of my trash can with my foot and threw the used tissues away.

I took a bottle of lavender hand soap and squeezed some into my hand. I washed my hands thoroughly, making sure there was no soap left behind. Then, I found the right temperate and got an un-used plastic cup from the shower, and poured some on my face.

When I didn't want to take a full shower, this was my go-to. It made me feel better and cleaner, it was kind of a cleanser for whatever bad mistakes I had made.

Of course, I did take my showers every night.