Chapter Twenty One; country music

I shoved the suitcase into the trunk and slammed it shut.

I got into the front seat and shut the door.

I scrolled through the many channels on my radio that were static, and finally just settled for some good 'ol country music.

I began to drive off.

I didn't know where I was driving. I felt lost. I had never been away from my pack, how do humans do this? I can't imagine moving out at eighteen. I would be like a dog being introduced to human life for the first time.
Then again, thats exactly what I'm doing.
I guess I'd just find a nice hotel and stay a few nights.

I stared at everything, the lights, the people walking around and laughing, families camping and hanging out at the beach.
Thats what my parents would've wanted for me. Thats what I would've wanted for me. What changed? The realization that no matter what I did, I'd never be like them. I'd never be like the humans.

Three hours later, I arrived at a casino with a pool, a Denny's, and some hang out spots.

I took a deep breath and smiled.
I walked out of my car and stood right there for a moment.
I took a glance at all that surrounded me.

A petting zoo, restaurants filled with happy families, kids laughing and splashing around in the pool.

I finally snapped out of my daydream and opened up my trunk, taking out my suitcase and a small bag, filled with makeup and soap.

I threw the small bag over my shoulder and began walking towards the casino, pulling the pink suitcase behind me.

I came to a stop where they put my suitcase and small bag up on a rack. I smiled at the man who pushed it beside me.

I opened the glass door for him as he rolled the rack in, nodding and whispering, "thank you ma'm."

I smiled, closing the door behind us. I looked around the casino. It had fancy wallpaper and beautiful elevators. Just above the front desk were many different clocks, symbolizing the different time zones.

I began walking with the man and his rack right beside me.
He stopped when we arrived at the front desk.
I smiled at the beautiful blonde who was going to check me in today.
"Hello m'am, thank you for choosing the midnight casino!" She smiled, shaking my hand.

"No problem, how much for tonight?" I smiled.

I couldn't stay the three nights here. I'd wake up in the morning and find a new hotel, this is crazy expensive.

"$160," she smiled.

Wow.

I handed her $170. She smiled and handed me $10 back, then gave me a key to my room.

"Second floor, number 260," she smiled. I nodded and walked away.

The elevator opened and I walked in. I pressed a button with the number two on it and patiently waited for me.

The elevator stopped moving thirty seconds later.
The door opened shortly and I peeked out, making sure not to run into anyone. When it was clear, I stepped out with my suitcase in my hands and small bag on my shoulder.

I found room 260 and opened it.
The door opened, revealing the fancy casino room inside.

There were two comfy beds and one couch.

I jumped on the couch and set my bags down.

I sighed loudly and shut my eyes,
turning on the TV for background noise.

-
Hey guys! I'm going to be writing more and longer chapters, this is just kind of short because my is telling me to go to bed. But yeah I entered the wattys 2016!