Chapter Sixteen: the inside

EDITED AS OF 9/24/17

I sat on the porch, waiting for Edison to approach.

I didn't like the idea of him and Paige. He made me feel like the only girl in the world, and now I'm back in the reality I never wanted to return to.

Then, finally, there he was. His 'I just got out of bed' hair that he totally pulled off, although it was pretty strange to have at eight o'clock. He also had a white t-shirt, some black sweat pants, and some black converse shoes.

"Hey, sorry I'm late," he smiled.

"Its fine. Hey, can we talk?" I stood up.

"Of course, whats up?"

"Are you and Paige still, you know, an item?" I said, blushing.

"Uh, good question. Um, yeah, I guess we are," he scoffed.

"Well, can we talk about what happened last night then?"

"I'm sorry about last night. I didn't mean to lead you on. I just couldn't resist. It was totally wrong of me, and It won't happen again."

"Yeah," I said, creating a fake smile.

"El," he said, walking closer.

I backed up. "Its okay, not interested. Noted."

"Wait!" I heard him shout.
I closed the door behind me and slid down it, tears escaping from my eyes.
I cupped my face in my hands and began to break down.

How? How could he do that to me? I thought I knew him. I thought I knew that he was different. But I was wrong, I didn't know him. Not one bit. Someone I thought was so good for me, might be the exact opposite.

I felt like I gave a piece of my heart to him, that I had just witnessed him break in half. I knew deep down that there was a fifty-fifty chance he was still with her, but this was harder to take in that I'd ever imagined.

Everything that he had put in place, was now scattered everywhere.

Every ounce of pain just came running back. Thats how much power he had over me. Thats how much power I allowed him to have over me.

This is my fault. He was so sweet and cute in the outside, I didn't let myself see the inside.

Now, this is my consequence.

This is the inside I kept myself from seeing.