Chapter Ten: Jealousy

EDITED AS OF 9/24/17

I could replay that moment all day.

His beautiful dark brown hair was stranded all over his face.

His blue eyes lit up the room.

His smile made everyone around him just as happy.

Everyone stared at me and Lily.
I didn't want to embarrass my best friend, even though she told me she didn't care about anything other than my happiness. She'd sit here all day for me and my pathetic ranting.

I sighed and got up.

"Are you okay babe?" She smiled at me.

"I'm fine," I curled my lips into a fake smile.

"Then off we go," she said, taking my hand and pulling me to first period.

She stopped me right before we got in.

"Don't let anything get to you, darling. You are amazing and if he can't see that, then get someone with some true eyes," she hugged me.

"Thank you, Lily. I love you."

We walked into the quiet room that suddenly became loud.

"Crybaby," the jocks whispered.

Lily smiled, "If I hear something again the only crybabies here will be you and your boyfriends."

I put my hand to my mouth, trying not to laugh.

We found a seat next to a brunette with braids, glasses and braces.

Surprisingly, even she had something to say. Lily began to get up, but I stopped her.

"Its okay, Lily. Nerd problems," I winked.

The rest of our first period was snarky comments and dirty looks, but thanks to Lily I kept my head high. For the first class in a while, I understood everything that was going on. So, not the best first impression? But thanks to Lily, I didn't care. I tried to ignore my mate, but we exchanged glances every once in a while. Other than that, his eyes were on her. His girlfriend? It must be.

A moment of jealousy and rude comments flooded through my mind. Me breaking my pencil was an effect to forgetting my own strength. Oops.

I Immediately threw the pencil in my desk and Lily handed me a new one.
When everyone looked back at me expecting to see me holding a broken pencil, I was writing in my journal.
Some shrugged and looked away, some took a moment. But soon they all looked away.

I looked back at Lily, "thank you," I whispered. She nodded.