Summer-festivals are for humans

Previous:

Then she got quiet again. She was sad, and i knew that it was not okay to do it, but i had to know. I focused, and suddenly i could hear what she was thinking. "But all those awful things i was thinking earlier, she heard all of it?" She thought. "Yes." I said out-loud in a sad voice.

________________________________________________________________________________

Now:

"Would you like some more spaghetti?" My dad asked me.

"No thank you." I said, and looked at Laura. She hadn't said much since yesterday.

"Well, if you two don't have a too bizzy schedule before Laura leaves, i was thinking it might be fun for you to go to the local festival which is finishing tonight.

I heard it would be fireworks at the end." My dad said, and smiled.

"That sounds like fun." Laura said quietly.

"How nice." He said, and offered to drive us there.

"When do you think you'll be ready to go?" He said, and took a mouthful of pasta.

"Maybe around seven?" Laura said, and looked at the clock hanging on the wall.

"Okay, then i will come here and pick you up around seven. Does that sound okay to you?"

"Yes, thank you. But if you don't mind me asking, you said that you would come here and pick us up, does that mean you are going away?"

Laura said, and looked at him.

"Have you forgotten?" I asked Laura.

"Father is one of the greatest doctors in the whole hospital. Greenwich hospital is lucky to have him."

I said with a proud tone.

When we had finished eating, i grabbed Laura by the arm, and dragged her out into the hallway.

"Dad, we are going out for a bit, i'm just going to show her the surroundings."

I told him, and asked Laura to put on her shoes.

"Okay, but don't be gone too long, remember that i'll be here at seven. On the spot."

He said, and smiled.

"Take your key with you on the way out, i'll leave when youre gone."

"Okay dad, bye." I said and opened the door.

"Oh, i almost forgot. Put on your coat." I told Laura.

"Just because i am not wearing one, does not mean that you wont freeze if your'e not wearing one."

She looked at me, and did as she was told. I smiled, and opened the door.

The air itself was cold, and i could see Laura in the corner of mye eye, shivering.

"So, Chatherine. What exactly are we doing out here?"

Laura asked, and put her hands in the pockets of her jacket.

"I want to show you something." I said and smiled.

"Do you want to know something funny?" I asked her.

"What?" She said, and looked at me.

"I was born here in Greenwich." I said and smiled.

"I know almost everything it is to know about this place." I looked at Laura. She was just looking at me in surprise.

"Well, i guess i should have figured out that. I can't say that it came as a shock, as it is a really old town."

She said smiling.

"Just as you are. You are ancient." She said and started laughing.

"Yes, just laugh. I am older than your grandparents, and still i am treated as a child. It is not fun you know."

When we had walked outside in the woods for, what seemed like hours, we went back inside and got dressed.

I was kind of against it, as i was not that hung up in what i wore. Just give me some clothes, and im okay.

But Laura insisted that i should wear something nice, and eventually managed to talk me into letting her decide.

It ended up being a plain white shirt, a pair of blue trousers and my coat.

I loved my coat.

I loved the way it looked, how comfortable it was to wear, and the fact that it was old too.

I had taken good care of the coat, as it was from one of my previous lifes.

I don't know what the year was exactly, but i remember how happy i was when i bought it.

Laura however hated it.

"It is not a cool coat Chath." She said and sighed.

"It is old and full of holes. And it looks kinda wierd."

I just looked at her, and almost admired her hatred for a piece of clothing.

The door knocked, and i heard keys rattling from the hallway.

"Father is here. Are you ready?" I asked Laura, and started walking down the stairs.

"yes let's go." Laura said exited, and we both smiled.