The bubonic plague. Gone.

Previous:

"Well, i just want you to know how grateful i am of my huge and happy family." My dad said, and lifted his glass. "A toast to my lovely family, and my beautiful daughter who turned 15 today." He said, and we all lifted our glasses.

________________________________________________________________________________

Now:

Editors annoying note: We are still in Chatherine's perspective, but the year is now 1574.

"Would you like some water dear?" My dad asked, almost crying.

"I'm fine dad, you should get some rest."

I managed to say, before i started coughing up more blood.

My dad started crying, and gave me a hug.

The door opened, and my sister walked in.

She looked different, and i could see that she was sad.

"Elizabeth?" My dad said surprised, and turned around.

My sister Elizabeth had been gone for almost a year now, and the fact that she had come home to see me, made me happy.

"Dad, do you mind letting us talk alone a bit?" I asked my dad, and he walked out of the room.

"Where have you been?" I asked my sister, and she looked down.

People used to call us the impossible twins, since we were born two years apart, but still looked completely the same.

"I had something to do. But i brought you a present."

She said, and i smiled.

"You are so silly, you didn't have to. I am literally going to be dead tomorrow, so you wasted your money."

I said, and tried smiling without coughing up more blood.

"Close your eyes." She said, and i did as i was told.

"What is it?" I asked.

"It is a cure." She said.

"A cure for the plague? You are lying." I said, still with my eyes closed.

Suddenly, i felt an incredibly painful stinging sensation in my neck.

It felt like a thousand needles was being pushed inside my flesh, and my throat was on fire.

I opened my eyes, and saw blood.

"What is going on?" I screamed, but realised that nothing came out.

I woke up. It was sunny outside, and i guessed that it was around midday.

"Are you awake?" I heard from outside my door.

"Come in." I said, and yawned. It was Elizabeth.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" She asked, and sat down on my bedside.

"Better actually." I said, and remembered my wierd dream.

"I had a dream about you last night." I told Elizabeth, and she smiled.

"You told me that there was a cure for the plague, and now i am better. Maybe the fact that you came here to see me, made me better?"

I said, and smiled to my sister.

"Well, i am sorry to inform you that i am leaving again."

She said, and looked sad again.

"Why. Can't you stay here a little while longer? Please?"

I begged her, but she shaked her head.

"I have to get back to my house. I am getting it buildt now, so when you are older you can come visit me."

She said, and smiled. I yawned and stood up.

"Well, at least give me a hug before you leave." I said, and walked towards my sister.

"I am going to miss you." I said, and started crying.