Jack The Ripper

Previous:

"You are crying." She said, and placed her cup on the handrail. "What?" I asked, and took my hand up to my cheek. I got surprised when i felt something wet on my cheek. "Hah, well i guess i'm sad then." I said, and looked at my hand.

________________________________________________________________________________

Now:

Editors note: In this chapter we are (once again) in Laura's perspective.

Chatherine looked at her hand in surprise, and i looked at her.

What was she thinking about, that made her so sad? I thought.

"The weird thing is, i don't even know myself."

Chatherine said, and i remembered that she could read my thoughts.

"Do you want me to tell you something that i have been thinking from the moment you told me you could, you know, read minds?"

I asked her, knowing how stupid the question sounded.

"You don't have to at all, but if you want to, then please go ahead." She said, still looking at her wet hand.

"That you know all my secrets." I said, and saw her getting a guilty look on her face.

"I won't tell anybody. But i seriously doubt that anybody will remember who you liked in high-school anyways."

She said, like it was no big of a deal.

Suddenly, a large lighting bolt hit one of the trees close to the house, and i stood completely still, waiting for the thunder.

After around 8 seconds, a loud rumbling noise filled the sky, and i looked at Chatherine.

What was she so sad about? I asked myself, and heard Chatherine sniffle.

Suddenly, her eyes became larger, and i could see that she had just realised something.

"Would you like to share it with the class?" I asked her, and smiled.

She turned her head, and looked at me.

She was pale white, and not just her normal white tone, and her mouth was wide open.

"Oh my god." She said slowly.

"What?" I said, becoming more and more curious.

"Eh, have you heard about Jack The Ripper?"

Chatherine asked me, and i looked at her. Where was she going with this?

"Well, you know they never got to find out who he was, and exactly how many murders he was involved in. We know it was 5 confirmed killings, but the police and media suspected that there were many more."

Chatherine said, and i had no idea what to say back.

"Eh, how do you know so much about him?"

I managed to ask, before the image of her sitting in the puddle of blood came back to me.

I shivered, and drank some of the cold tea.

"Well. I have been reading the news recently, and there seems to be some killings that imitate his killings. I have been tracking them for some years now, and he seems to be moving closer to the U.K."

Chatherine said, and sighed.

"Why are you so interested in Jack The Ripper all of a sudden?"

I asked her, drinking up the rest of my tea.

"When i last spoke to my brother, he didn't go under the name Jack The Ripper, he simply called himself Thomas. If he is trying to reach me, the safest place you can be right now is here."

She said, and looked out into the pitch black forest.

"Your brother?" I said, and felt my head getting dizzy again.

This was WAY too much information in one week.