Wet grass

Previous:

"Just make sure that you do your job, and i will be as thoughtful and kind as possible." I said, and heard Leonard running towards the living-room to clean up. I think i really do care for him, have i gone completely mad? I said to myself, and smiled. Nah, i'm just happy today, that's all.

________________________________________________________________________________

Now:

I sighed, and laid the book down on the table.

Since i only slept one night a month, i had started reading books more often.

I was almost finished reading out the entire library, and i new that i soon had to go out and buy new ones.

Suddenly, i heard the sound of glass shattering.

I jumped out of the chair, and ran down stairs as fast as i could.

In the middle of the kitchen stood Leonard.

He was covered in blood, and little pieces of glass were laying on the floor around him.

"Oh, i'm so sorry mister. Did i interrupt your reading?"

He asked anxiously, and bendt down to pick up some of the glass.

"No, it's okay Leonard.

"What were you doing with our blood storage anyways?"

I asked him, and looked at all the blood that was on the floor.

All of that.

Wasted.

I sighed again, and started picking up glass with him.

"Well, i thought that since that police man you killed yesterday has now been officially declared missing, we should hide the blood.

If anyone were to find it, we would be executed and then our race would be discovered."

I smiled and looked at the boy.

"You really are clever."

I said to him, and turned on the stove.

"Would you like some tea while you're cleaning?"

I asked him, and started pooring water into a pot.

"You are so kind, mister." He said, and continued picking up the glass.

I never allowed him to use any of his vampiric powers in the house or elsewhere.

I thought that if he never use them, neither him or me would be discovered.

"You can speed up the process if you want."

I said to him, and his head turned around so that he were looking directly at me.

"But just this once, you understand?" I said, and he nodded.

"Thank you. "He answered, and before i even got to blink, he was finished.

Even though Leonard is a new vampire, he is extremely good at it, and one of the most powerful ive ever met.

We were sitting in the garden, drinking tea.

The moon was shining down, and i smiled a little.

"What is is master?" Leonard asked, and i looked at him.

"It's just that today my sister is one year older."

I answered, and laid down in the wet grass.

The moon gave everything this sort of blue-ish light, and it reminded me of the garden back home.

I took another sip of my tea, and closed my eyes.

The cold November weather was delightful, and once in a while a little wind would fly by.

"What is your sister's name?"

Leonard asked, and laid down in the grass too.

"Chatherine."

I answered, and turned around so i was looking at him.

"I haven't seen her in almost 80 years now, and i hope she's doing well."

"I'm sure she is, master. If she is your sister, then she can handle everything."

Leonard said, and closed his eyes.

For a while, we were just laying there in the moonlight.

Feeling the cold fall breeze, and the wet grass.

Just relaxing and listening to the forest.

When it was starting to get lighter outside, i stood up.

"Come on, Leonard. We have a lot to do today."

I said to him, and he sighed.

"How can laying outside in the grass feel so wonderful."

He said, and i smiled.

"Do you want to go to the bookstore?" I asked him, and his face suddenly lit up.

Leonard loved books, and the bookstore was his favourite place in the whole world.

"Come on, we can go now if you want to."

I said, and opened the door.