Newstead Abbey

Previous:

A young boy, around my age, walked in. "Oh, sorry." He said, and turned around. Right before he was to walk out of the door, i ran over to him, and bit off his head. I looked around, and there was blood everywhere. I smiled.

________________________________________________________________________________

Now:

Editors note: This chapter is from Laura's perspective. She has just come home from the town.

I was getting worried. What was she doing out there?

I took of my shoes, and walked over to the kitchen. The cereal was standing out on the table, so i poored some in a bowl, and grabbed the milk from the refrigerator.

I was all alone, since Chatherine was still in town, doing god knows what, and her father was still at work in the hospital.

I walked into the living-room, and sat down on the couch.

Some tv-show about cars was on, so i stood up to get the remote, and saw a picture laying on the table.

I picked it up, and felt a chill going down my spine.

It was a picture of a girl that looked EXACTLY like Chatherine, standing beside a mansion.

In the lower right corner of the picture, the year 1862 was written in black ink.

I looked at the back of the black-and-white picture, and the name Newstead Abbey was written on the back.

Suddenly, i heard a loud noise coming from the loft.

I stood completely still, hoping to hear it again. A loud bang, followed by the sound of furniture getting dragged across the floor.

I walked slowly up the stairs, and down the hall. I stopped in front of Chatherines door, and sighed.

Should i go up? What if it is a burglar? I calmed myself down, and walked up the stairs.

What i saw when i was up the stairs, was unexpected, and horrifying.

Chatherine was sitting in a puddle of blood on the floor.

Beside her, was a dead body.

Once she saw me, she stared at me for a while, and then started laughing.

"What the hell is this?" I asked her, hysterically.

Chatherine looked at me. Whatever this was, it was not my friend.

I ran downstairs, only to find that hopeless.

Chatherine was already standing at the bottom of the stairs, when i came running down.

Suddenly she collapset, and i hesitated to go over to her and check if she was okay.

After around five minutes, she stood up again, and looked at me with a confused look on her face.

"Are you okay?" I asked her, and walked over to her.

"What happened?" She asked, and ran over to the couch. She laid down on the couch, and looked at me.

I walked over to her, and sat down beside her.

"What the hell was that?" I asked her, and she looked down.

"If i go without, eh a certain liquid, more than 2 days, i kinda become crazy.

I cant control myself, and i just kill randomly. It has happened before and i'm not proud of it."

She said, and looked at her shirt. Her plain, white shirt was soaked in blood, and was no longer white.

"I didn't hurt you did i?" She asked, and looked sad.

"No, not me. But there is a dead person laying on the floor upstairs."

I said, and felt i got a little dizzy again.

It was late at night, and Chatherine and i was still washing blood of the floor.

I picked up the washing cloth, and tried getting the red liquid off the carpet.

Chatherine walked around, picking books up from the floor, that had fallen out of the bookshelf when she got in.

"Do you sleep at all?" I asked her, and sat down on the bed.

"I only need to sleep one night every mont." She said and smiled.

"What is it?" I asked her curiously.

"Well, the reason i was late when we were picking you up at the train station, was that i had overslept."

She said, and smiled again.

"Where is Newstead Abbey?" I asked Chatherine, and she stopped smiling.

She looked at me, and i could see that she was fighting the tears.

"No." She said.