4pm

Previous:

Why couldn't the plague kill me to? It killed so many others. My uncle, to mention one. But i had to be the survivor. Yeah me. I said ironically to myself, and laid back listening to the sound of rain dripping on the roof.

________________________________________________________________________________

Now:

Editors freaking note: We are still, still, still, in Chatherine's perspective, but now the year is 2016

I looked at Laura, and sighed.

"You have to come too." I said, and finished packing Laura's bag.

"What, why?" She said, walking towards me.

"I told you. My father found a picture of me from 1862." I said, and started pushing the bookshelf away, revealing the hidden balcony.

"Come on Laura. If my dad tells anyone, my siblings might find out."

I said hysterically, and opened the glass door.

"But i have to get home to my family." Laura said, and walked slowly backwards towards the stairs.

"I'm sorry about what i am about to do." I said, and ran over to Laura. I grabbed her arm, and ran as fast as i could towards the balcony.

"Let me go!" She screamed, and i stopped.

"Sorry, this is not going to be very pleasant." I said, and jumped off the balcony.

Right before Laura was to hit the ground, i dragged her towards me, and tok her fall.

I landed hard on the ground, and stood up. Laura just sat there, staring at me.

"Ok, i have to admit the fall was kinda cool." She said, and smiled.

"I am sorry, but if my siblings find out that i was hiding out here, they won't hesitate with killing you.

"What about your dad?" Laura asked, and stood up.

"Oh, he is protected." I said, and gave her the bag i had packed.

"By who?" Laura asked, but i avoided the question.

"I packed some of your clothes, your cellphone and stuff like that."

I said, and turned around. My dad was standing in the window, looking scared.

"I think it's time for us to go." I said, and smiled to my dad. He just stood there, staring out.

I looked at Laura, and grabbed her arm again.

I sighed.

What has my life become? I took a good grip, and started running towards the dark forest.

"Where are we going to stay now?"

Laura asked, and looked around. The whole forest was pitch dark, and i was the only with night-sight.

"I thought we could stay in a house owned by some friends."

I said, and felt i got a little sad.

"Where?" She asked, trying to see where she was going.

"It is a bit old, but i think it is going to work fine." I said, looking at Laura.

After some hours, i felt a warm, painful glow, and looked up at the sky. I saw that the sun was starting to come up.

Laura had fallen asleep after some hours of walking, so i just placed her on my back, and continued.

When it was around midday, i looked around.

"I think we are here." I said as loud as i could, and Laura woke up.

"What, where?" She said disoriented, and climbed off my back.

"Is it morning?" She said, and yawned.

"Don't tell me that you have been walking since 4pm?" Laura said, and looked at me.

"Ok, then i won't tell you." I said, and smiled.