Boiling hot tea

Previous:

"Where is Newstead Abbey?" I asked Chatherine, and she stopped smiling. She looked at me, and i could see that she was fighting the tears. "No." She said.

________________________________________________________________________________

Now:

Editors note: Now we are back in Chatherine's perspective :)

I was fighting back the tears.

"No." I said, and looked at her. She was just standing there, looking like a child that had just done something wrong, and knew it.

"I'm sorry, i did not mean to make you upset." Laura said, and turned on the radio.

Beethoven's symphony 5 started playing, and i tried to calm myself down.

I could see that Laura was still processing what she had just witnessed.

"Do you want a cup of tea?" I asked her, and she stood up.

"yes, but you don't have to make it, i'll go with you." She said.

I smiled, and started walking down the stairs.

I walked into the kitchen, and poored some water into the waterboiler.

Suddenly, i heard a car door getting shut, and i looked at Laura.

"My father is here." I said, and put a teabag into a cup.

Seconds after, the door opened and he walked in.

"Wow, how did you know that?" Laura asked.

I smiled, and poored water into the cups.

"Hi, girls. Are you still up?" He said, and took of his shoes.

"We just wanted to make some tea." Laura said, before i could even open my mouth.

He smiled, and walked over to the living-room.

"I am just going to make a quick phone call. Don't be up too late."

He said, and disappeared behind the wall.

"Okay, we won't." Laura said back.

"Be careful, it is hot." I said, and took a big sip.

"I bet it's not THAT hot." She said, and before she could take one sip of the boiling hot tea, i ran over to her and grabbed the cup.

"Even though i know you can do that, it is still really freaky." She said, and smiled.

I opened one of the cabinets, and took out a bag of potato chips.

"Do you want some?" I asked Laura, and opened the bag.

"Eating that has no purpose at all for you. Right?" She asked, and started walking up the stairs.

"Yes, but it tastes good." I said, running up the stairs.

"I JUST told you that it's really freaky when you do that." Laura said, and couldn't stop herself from smiling.

"I'll se you in my room." I said, and disappeared.

"You are so lame." Laura said out-loud, and continued walking up the stairs.

I walked over to the bookshelf with the hidden glass door behind, and pushed it away.

It slided away without a problem, and i walked out on to the balcony.

It was pitch dark outside, and i took another sip of my favourite tea.

I think i actually met Charles Grey the 1st once.

During the Raid on rochefort in 1757. I have no idea how many wars i have been in, and why i decided to be in so many.

I sighed. 458 is a large number. I never realised that time had passed, before it did.

Well anyways, Rocheford was a total fail. To think that we were forced to withdrawal.

"Wow." I said out-loud. "The world has really changed since 1558."

I drank some more tea, and looked out into the dark forest. I heard that Laura finally had made it up the last step.

"Humans are so slow." I said, and laughed.

"Ha-ha, funny." She said, and looked at me.

"What's wrong Chath?" She asked, and walked out onto the balcony.

"Nothing. Why do you ask?" I said, and drank the rest of my tea.

"You are crying." She said, and placed her cup on the handrail.

"What?" I asked, and took my hand up to my cheek.

I got surprised when i felt something wet on my cheek.

"Hah, well i guess i'm sad then." I said, and looked at my hand.