Chapter 21

***Shanes POV***

I guide Katie to ground as she collapses. I call to her, begging her to stay with me. Her eyes flutter closed.

"Help! Somebody help!" I call to group, panicking.

"Move! Get out the way!" Daryl screams as he drops down beside her. I reluctantly move away, swallowing my pride. He pours a small about of water into her mouth and drops in a few pills. He lifts her head onto his lap. "Come on Katie swallow." He begs her quietly. She swallows, then sits up in a coughing fit. I sigh, relieved she's ok. She breaths heavily, then leans back into Daryl.

"What the hell did you give her?!" I yell at Daryl.

"I took em from Jenner. It's what he gave her when she collapsed before." I look away, with nothing to say.

***Katies POV***

I sit up, coughing on whatever's in my mouth. My head starts to spin, so I lean back against...Daryl?

"What's going on?" I ask weakly.

"You collapsed again..." Daryl says quietly. I look around and see most of the group standing around me, their faces full of worry. Slowly things start to come back to me...the walkers on the road..Sarah! I sit up again.

"Did Rick come back? Where's Sarah?!" I ask panicking again.

"Katie, you need to calm down." Shane says, as he grabs my hand.

"Where is she!?" I scream. Rick steps forward, his head hanging low. "No.." I cry. "No!"

"Katie...I'm so sorry."  He says quietly. I take a deep breath and pull myself to my feet.

"No..." I say calmly. "I have to find her."

"Katie stop!" Shane yells as I walk away. He runs up behind me and grabs my arm. "You can't be serious...you're in no shape to go out there. You're exhausted..you need to rest."

"I can't just sit here and do nothing! She's out there all alone and it's getting dark...I-I have to find her!" I cry.

"I can't let you go back out there. If you want to put this on me then fine go ahead, but I won't let you go out there..." He says calmly, keeping a grip on my arm.

"She'll never make the night by herself, Shane she's six! I'm not gonna leave her out there to die!" I scream, tears running down my cheeks.

"If you go out there now, fumbling around in the dark in the condition you're in...she won't be the only one dead by morning." He says coldly. I gasp. Hurt and shocked he could say such a thing.

"So..what are you suggesting?! We just leave her out there and hope to god she survives the night?!" He stays quiet. "Because the last time I checked God isn't exactly taking requests right now!"

"That's not what I'm saying.."

"Then what are you saying?!"

"I'm saying we wait until sunrise. Break up into smaller groups and search for her together..after we've rested..." I laugh coldly.

"I'm not staying here, while she's out there all alone." I whisper as I back away from him.

"Katie wait..." Daryl stops me. "I'll go. You stay here, get something to eat and get some sleep, and I'll go look for her."

"I want to come with you..." I whisper, a tear dripping off my cheek.

"I promise you...I won't stop until I find her, but you need to rest before you get seriously hurt or worse. In the morning, we'll do what Shane suggested. We will find her Katie." I nod.