Chapter 1

I shoved my phone into my purse and waved goodbye to my boss.

"Bye Micheal! Do you need me to close up tonight?" I asked.

"You work too hard! You never let me get off my lazy ass. I'll close up. Go home." He replied with a wave of his hand.

"Thanks Micheal. See you tomorrow."

I waved goodbye and walked out the front door to my car. It was a old beat up Subaru. I hated it, but at least I had a car. I sighed in relief when I finally got home. I practically ran inside.

"Hey Drake! I'm home!"

Drake didn't answer, but I shrugged it off. He was probably asleep. Drake is my older brother. He's taken care of me ever since our parents died. I love him to death.

I dragged my self up the stairs, not bothering to brush my teeth or change into pajamas. I opened the door to my room and fell onto the bed. I jumped off of my bed screaming, when I felt something sticky and gooey on it. My door slammed shut and my light flickered on.

"Oh my god! No!"

There lay my brother on my bed. He had a gunshot through his head and blood spattered everywhere. I rushed over to him, sobbing. I cupped his head in my hands and held it against my chest.

"I'm sorry, honey. He was getting in the way."

I turned my head and saw a tall stranger by my door. He was wearing all black clothes and a hood over his head so I couldn't see his face.

"W-Who are you? How could you do this?" I screamed at him. He laughed and closed the distance between us in a few quick strides. He grabbed my waist and pulled me against his chest. I struggled against him and punched his hard, muscled chest.

"Let me go!" I shrieked. He laughed.
I narrowed my eyes and swiftly brought up my knee, kicking him strait in the groin. He grunted in pain and I pushed him away from me. He ran forward to me and I screamed and grabbed my lamp on my bedside and held it up defensively.
"Kitten, that won't do anything to save you, he growled. Just give up now."

I looked at him with narrowed eyes.
"You better pucker up, big boy, because I'm not going down without a fight."
I swung my lamp and he dodged it, and quickly grabbed my wrist. I swung my free hand and punched him in the face. He growled angrily and shoved me against the wall and wrapped his large hands around my throat.

I looked at him and narrowed my eyes.

"Do it." I muttered. "Kill me." I lifted my chin.

His laughter filled the room and vibrated against my chest.

"Oh honey," he whispered, holding my chin lightly with his hand. "You have no idea how long I've been waiting for this. Why would I kill you now?"

He swung his gun at me and hit me in the head. I fell to the ground, gasping in pain. The last thing I saw was brown eyes before my vision blurred out.