Chapter 15

I stared bored at the phone that Shawn gave me. You could only call on it, and the only number was his number. I rolled my eyes. I'm not twelve, I thought. My thoughts were interrupted when his name popped up on the screen. I answered the phone and pressed it up to my ear.
"Hum, I'm sorry Ms.Byrd is not present at the moment," I spoke into the phone, lowering my voice to attempt to sound like a boy. Shawn chuckled at the other end of the phone.
"Ha ha, very funny Mace. I'm on my way, I'll be there in about 5 minutes," he said.
"I've been thinking about you," he added. I smiled, secretly greatfull that he couldn't see me blushing.
"I-I've been thinking about you too," I admitted. Shawn didn't have to say anything for me to know that he was smiling.
"Turn around," he said after a long moment of silence. I turned and smiled when I saw him standing in the living room.
"That was fast," I observed. Shawn strode up to me and kissed me on the head. His eyes narrowed playfully before he pinned me against the wall again.
"Where were we, before I left?" He growled, kissing my neck. I raised my eyebrows and smiled. I traced my hands up his muscles chest, before dipping them just above his v-line. I shrugged.
"I forgot," I muttered, pushing him away. He moaned.
"Macy!!! Come back!" He whined. I shook my head.
" you'll have to catch me first!" I squealed. He smiled and ran around the couch to catch me, but I dodged around his arms at the last moment. I grabbed the pillow on the couch and threw it at him. I ran upstairs and into his room. I jumped into the shower and hid quietly behind the curtain.
"Mason..." He teased quietly. I sighed when I heard him thump down the stairs. I quietly crawled out of the shower and crept into his room.
"Boo."
I screamed when I bumped into his tall frame and his muscular arms wrapped around me. We both burst into laughter when he threw me onto the bed. He lay down beside me and stared into my eyes. "I love you so much, Mason."

I smiled and tried to hold back the confusing feelings that rushed up when he told me that. Love, hate, longing?
I cupped his cheek in my hand and ran my fingers through his hair. I smiled when he tensed underneath my touch.

"I-I have an idea," he blurted awkwardly. I nodded, urging him to continue. "What if...what if we went somewhere? Somewhere nice?"
"You mean, like a restaurant?" I asked, confused. He shook his head.
"Like, traveled somewhere."
I smiled and clapped my hands. "I've never been anywhere before! That would be amazing!" I squealed. Shawn smiled and pulled me closer to him.
"How about...Paris? Or Spain? Or what about Venice? Or Rome?" He asked. I shrugged.
"They all sound amazing, Shawn."
Shawn hopped out of bed and I followed him. He turned around and opened his mouth to say something, but I rushed over to him and wrapped my arms around his waist. He gasped before slowly wrapping his arms around me.
"Thank you," I breathed. He looked at me, confused.
"For being sorry."  I didn't know if he remembered or not, but I didn't care. His arms tightened around me.
"Thank you," he murmured into my ear, "for understanding."