Chapter 2

When I woke up, both my hands were handcuffed to the inside of a car. My head throbbed with pain. I lifted my head off the window and looked over to see the strange man driving the car.

"Let me go," I begged weakly.

"Now why would I do that?" He asked me.

"Because-"

"Whats your name?" He interrupted.

"what?"

"Your name." He repeated impatiently.

"Mason. Mason Byrd." I said. He nodded. We rode in silence. I leaned forward, trying to see his face. The black hood covered his face no matter how far I leaned forward, so I just sat back in my seat, frustrated. After what seemed like forever, we took a sharp turn on a dirt road. We pulled up to a house. No- not a house. A mansion. My eyes widened. The man got out of the car and de-cuffed my hands. He grabbed my hair and yanked me out of the car.

"OW! What the hell!" I screamed. The man grabbed my waist and pulled my to his hip. He dragged me to the door and threw me inside the house. He slammed the door behind him and stormed over to me. The house was so dark the only thing I could see was his brown eyes.

"Come on, beautiful. Time for bed." His harsh voice was softer now. He intertwined his fingers through mine and led me through the darkness. We walked up some stairs until I heard him open a door. We walked in and he turned on the light. I looked around the room.

"Uhm- Why is there only one bed in here?" I asked, though I already knew the answer.

"Why do you think? Your sleeping with me. Now put these on." He muttered. He threw me a pair of pajama's and a large t-shirt. I rushed into the bathroom and slammed the door behind me. I fell to the ground and cupped my face in my hands. My heart hurt. It felt like a hole had been ripped inside of me. My brother was dead. I would never see him again. I was in a strange house with a man that I didn't even know the name us. I blinked back my tears and slipped on the clothing. I walked up to the mirror and looked at my face.

I had a bruise where he had hit me in the head. My long brown hair was frizzy and my eyes had black bags underneath them. My face looked grey and lifeless. I washed my face with cold water and tied my hair back into a french braid. A loud bang on the door made me jump.

"Times up, blossom!" he boomed.

"My god! You scared the hell out of me!" I shouted back. I ran to the door, hearing the man sigh in relief. I opened the door. I gasped when I saw his face. He looked at me from under his hood. He was beautiful. His face was a pale white. He had short brown hair and an angled face.

"What?" he whispered. I looked down at my feet, embarrassed.

"Uh-Nothing." I muttered. I shoved past him and stood beside the bed.

"I'm not sleeping with you." I stated. He growled and turned toward me. He shoved me onto the bed.

"Sorry, but you don't have a choice, beautiful." He jumped onto the bed and pulled me down next to him. He wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me close to him. I could feel his warm breath against my neck.

"I still don't know your name." I whispered.

"Shawn. Shawn Mendes."

Shawn Mendes. The criminal. The burglar. The murderer.

Well, Shawn. I'm going to escape from here. I thought. And when I do, I will make sure that you pay for everything that you have done to me.