Chapter 30

I dropped my phone and sprinted up the stairs. 

I heard heavy footsteps chasing behind me. 

I screamed and jumped into Shawn's room, trying to slam the door behind me. Betty's weight on the other side of the door pushed into mine. My feet were starting to slide on the carpet. I cried out in frustration. I used my last bit of strength and shoved myself into the door. It slammed shut, and I instantly locked it. 

I wiped sweat off of my forehead and took a shaky, deep breath.

Betty's fist pounded on the door. 

"You can't hide in there, bitch! I'll have you soon, and once I kill you, Shawn will be mine!" She screamed. 

I scrambled through his room and grabbed the only thing I could find- a desk lamp. I scrambled into his closet and closed the door, curling myself into the smallest ball so I could hide in the corner. 

I flinched when I heard Betty kick the door open. Silent tears slid down my cheeks. 

Please. Please get here soon, Shawn.

My sweaty palms gripped the desk lamp. 

"Come out, Come out, little kitten," Betty cooed. 

I covered my mouth with my palm and bit my tongue, willing everything inside of myself not to scream. 

Betty suddenly went silent. I couldn't hear her footsteps anymore. 

Maybe she left. 

That's it. 

I'm safe.

The closet door slammed open. 

"Boo." 

I screamed and swung the desk lamp as hard as I could. A shot rang next to my ear, and Betty fell to the ground. 

Betty lay on the ground, unconscious, with a gun resting in her hand. I looked behind me, and a small hole the size of a bullet was right next to my head.

I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. 

She almost killed me. 

I let out a shaky sob. I heard the door slam downstairs and I jumped. I scrambled toward Betty and grabbed the gun out of her hands. I held it out in front of me, my hands shaking uncontrollably. 

I heard the person sprint up the stairs. 

But it didn't matter. I was ready. 

I heard them run into the room and creep around the corner to where I was hiding. I readied the gun. 

"Kitten?" 

Shawn's soft, soothing voice made me sigh with relief. 

"In here," I squeaked softly. 

Shawn rushed into the closet, and stopped when he saw me holding the gun. He looked down at Betty's body, confused, but ignored it and looked at me again. Concern and worry covered his face.

"Baby, put that down. You're safe now," he whispered. 

I threw the gun down, and he crawled toward me. I covered my face with my hands and started sobbing. 

"Oh, kitten," he murmured. He wrapped his strong arms around me and pulled my shaky body  into him. I wrapped my arms around his neck and sobbed into his shoulder. He pet my hair softly. 

"Shhh, you're safe now. I'm here." 

"Y-you weren't here before, when it mattered," I sobbed. "She tried to kill me." 

"I know, baby. But you are strong, and fierce. You stopped her. You lived." 

"But you weren't here. When you always promised you would be," I choked. "She tried to kill me," I repeated. 

"I know, my dearest. I'm sorry," he whispered. He planted a soft kiss on my head. 

I shook in his arms, so he just held me tighter. 

"I'm so sorry," he whispered again. Shawn started to hum a soft tune. A new song that I hadn't heard before. It was soothing, and beautiful. Shawn rocked me softly, and pet my hair in smooth, even strokes. 

I listened to the smooth hum of his voice until I stopped shaking and fell asleep. 

And meanwhile, Betty is laying down passed out. (lmao) 

Anyway, officially Xmas break! I'm going to try and update every other day or so. 

Thanks, 

luv

Shawn Mendes' wifey