Chapter 19

Later that night, Shawn and I stood on the balcony of the Hotel, watching the Eiffel Tower. We watched in silence. 

"Shawn, that was literally amazing," I said, breaking the silence. He looked at me. He looked relieved. 

"I know," He said. I laughed. His emotion suddenly changed, and he looked down at his feet.

"Mason?" He asked. 

"Hmm?" 

"Why didn't you run away?" 

I sighed. "I was going to," I admitted. Shawn nodded, sadness in his eyes. I knew that wasn't the answer he wanted to hear. 

"I was going to," I repeated. "But something stopped me." 

That was all I needed to say. Shawn took my hand in his. "Thank you. For not running away. I know you don't understand, but I can't live without you, Mason." 

I raised my eyebrows. "You did for 18 years." 

We stood in silence again for awhile. "Shawn?" 

"Hmm?" 

We both chuckled. "Why haven't you kissed me yet?" I asked. He looked at me confused. 

"Do you want me to?" 

"No. I mean- I don't know. I just hear of all these girls getting kidnapped, and the guys force themselves on them, make them wear skimpy clothes. I was just wondering," I murmured. 

Shawn nodded, understanding. "I'm not like that. I think that if your going to love someone, you should take your time. That way it lasts longer," he said softly.   "And forcing myself on you and making you wear slutty clothes is not going to make you love me any faster," he added jokingly .

But I think I do love you, Shawn, I thought. I sighed. 

"When you want me to kiss you, I will," He said in almost a whisper. I grabbed his hand and looked at him. He looked into my eyes, knowing. He grabbed my waist and pulled me closer to him. He searched my eyes. He rested his hand on my cheek and began to pull my face closer to him. For once, I didn't pull away. This felt right. I felt my heart pounding against my chest. I wrapped my arms around his neck. His lips were just inches away. 

"Shawn!" A high pitched voice made us pull apart. Shawn grunted with annoyance.

"God fucking dammit," I heard him curse. We turned to see who it was. A short, skinny girl with longish black hair stood in the doorway. 

"Camila?" 

"Shawn!! I saw you at the stage! That was so amazing," She said. Shawn rolled his eyes. "Who's your new slut?" Camila said snobbishly. Shawn growled. 

"Don't you ever call her that again," he snarled. He came face to face with Camila, and she flinched away. I knew why Shawn was being to harsh. I couldn't help feeling annoyed with her too. 

"I'm Mason," I interrupted, stepping between them. I held out my hand and Camila just looked at it. She shoved past me. 

"Shawn, we should get back together. Just dump her, because I know how much you miss me," She added. 

"Uhm... Excuse me? I'm standing right here," I coughed.

"Nobody asked you," Camila snapped. I looked at Shawn, annoyed, expecting him to tell her to leave instantly. Instead, his eyes were dark. He was thinking. We almost kissed, and he was thinking about whether or not to accept her offer.

"Shawn?" I asked. Shawn ignored me. 

"Camila, you broke up with me. Get out," he growled. She looked at him.

"Well, I want you back," she stated.

"How did you even get in here?" He asked. She shrugged. 

"I know people," she said, as if that answered everything. He shook his head. 

"No, Camila." He muttered. 

"We both know that you only went and got her because we had just broken up," Camila spat, "I know you want me Shawn. Just admit it to yourself!" 

I felt my heart drop. I was just a rebound? 

He probably doesn't even love you. He just wanted me so that he could stop being sad about his broken heart. He killed my brother. He took me away from everything, and it was all because of a rebound. 

Shawn saw the change of my facial expressions. "Camila, I loved you once, and that was a mistake. Never again. I need you to leave, now!" He yelled. 

Camila strode forward, grabbed Shawn's neck, and kissed him. But he didn't pull away. He kissed her back. I wiped away a tear and ran out of the hotel room. As I ran down the hall, I ignored Shawn's calls to me. 

I felt my heart break in two.