Chapter 5

When we got to the mall, Shawn gave me one of his large black hoodies that covered most of his face.

"Don't talk to anyone, don't look at anyone, and don't go anywhere without telling me." he growled into my ear. I just nodded. He laced his hand in mine and pulled me into the mall. The first store he dragged me into was of course Victoria's Secret.

"Alright baby. I'm going to pick out some sexy things for you." He murmured. I blushed and looked down at my feet. "Aw, don't be embarrassed, bunny."

"Stoooppp!" I whined. Shawn just laughed and pulled me to the underwear section. When he was finished picking things out, I didn't want to admit it, but the things he picked out where sexy. I picked out some sweats and a swimsuit. He paid for the underwear and bras. I was happy to finally be out of that stupid store.

"Can we please go to the wet seal now?" I asked. Shawn rolled his eyes and held my hand again. "Fine. Let's go."

We walked into Wet Seal and I picked out a bunch of clothes. When Shawn was paying for them, the cashier looked up and smiled at him. "Are you and your sister having a good day today?" She asked, slightly pulling down her shirt. I felt jealousy weave through me but I ignored it. Shawn raised one eyebrow and looked down her shirt, then back at her.

"She's my girlfriend." he muttered. She smiled and batted her eyes. "Oh." She said innocently. Shawn rolled his eyes and glared at her.

"Can you please give me my card back so I can go?" He snapped. The girl's eyes widened and her face went red with embarrassment. She quickly handed him his card and he snatched it away. "Come on, bunny." He laced his hand in mine.

"Wait! We need to one more stop." I told him.

"Where?" He asked, pulling out of his parking spot.

"target." I said sweetly.

"Why?" He asked suspiciously.

"Because, I need tampons!" I said.

"Oh...kitten. Fine!" He groaned. He put one hand on my leg and gave me a crooked smile. I smiled back at him, then looked out the window. When we got to target, Shawn practically dragged me into the store. "Just hurry up, ok?" he muttered. We walked to the tampons and pads section.

"Uh...those ones." I said awkwardly. He leaned down and grabbed them. I lifted my leg and kicked him hard in the butt. He fell down and sprawled out onto the floor. I turned around and sprinted out of the store.

"Somebody help me!" I screamed. Everyone in the parking lot looked at me, confused. I ran up to a tall man getting out of his car. "Please help me!" I begged. His eyes widened.

"UH-OK- Get in the car.!" He said. I hopped in the passenger's seat and he drove out of the parking lot quickly.

"So...What's going on?" he asked me.

"I-I was kidnapped. By Shawn Mendes! He-He's crazy! He stalked me and tried to brand me like a cow and-"

"Whoa, whoa! Slow down, sweet pea. What's your name?" he interrupted.

"Mason Byrd. I was kidnapped yesterday by Shawn Mendes." I said. The man looked at me with wide eyes.

"SHAWN MENDES? The criminal?"

I nodded. "Thank you so much for saving me, I couldn't take it. He's psycho!" I murmured.

"Don't worry. I'll get you somewhere safe, Mason. I'm Bra-"

He was interrupted by a loud crash. His head fell against the steering wheel. The car swerved and I screamed, trying to steady it. His head had a gunshot in the back of it.

"No!" I whimpered. Tears started streaming down my face. We swerved off of the road and into a ditch. "No, please!" I screamed, shaking his body. I saw Shawn starting to walk toward the car. I looked at the dead man in the drivers seat. "I'm so sorry..." I murmured. I ran out of the car and started to run toward the highway. The sound of a gunshot next to my head made me yelp and fall to the ground. I felt Shawn's arms wrap around my waist and pull me off the ground. He looked me in the eyes and stared at me. His brown eyes were filled with sorrow. He carried me to the car and set me in the seat. I stared out the window the ride to his house, tears streaming down my cheeks. Shawn finally decided to break the silence.

"Mason, I couldn't let him take you. I had to kill him. I'm sorry-"

"No your not!" I interrupted him. "He was just trying to help me! If you were really as sorry as you say you are, then you would just take me home!" I shouted. Shawn winced. I continued to stare out the window. Shawn looked at me with his hurt-filled eyes. I felt another tear stream down my face.