Chapter 21

Shawn and I sat in silence for what seemed like forever.
"I-I thought that I did," I said in what was barely a whisper.
"But I was wrong," I added. I wiped a stray tear on my cheek and turned to look out the window. I stared at the spot that we almost kissed last night, and felt anger surge through me.
"I'm sorry," he whispered again. I shook my head.
"It doesn't matter anymore," I said quickly. When I turned around, his deep brown eyes were clouded with confusion and regret.
We sat in silence for awhile before Shawn broke it.
"This hotel has a swimming pool, I was thinking we could go," he whispered. I nodded.
"I don't have a swimsuit, and neither do you."
He shrugged. "So we go buy some."
We walked to a nearby store with swimsuits and I searched through the rack.
"oh, bunny, you would look so damn sexy in this one..." Shawn whispered in my ear. He put a hot bikini in my hands. I sighed.
"Don't act like everything is alright," I snapped at him. I snatched the bikini out of his hands and shoved it back on the rack.
"Besides, I can't wear bikinis anymore," I growled. I blinked back tears, remembering the torturous moment when I was first kid napped by Shawn.
"Why not?" He asked, disappointed.
"Don't you remember when you first kid napped me?" I asked impatiently. He shook his head, frowning.
"You carved the first letter of your name into my stomach with an iron bar," I snapped.
"I can't wear anything that shows my stomach."

Shawn went silent and his eyes became dark,
unreadable. He grabbed my wrist in his hand tightly and rushed me out of the store.

*****
I sat on the plane and shoved my duffle bag underneath the seat in front of me. Shawn decided that we had to leave early, and he hadn't spoken to me since the incident at the store. My heart was still broken, and I was constantly blinking back tears.
Shawn plopped down in the seat next to me and sighed. He held his bag in his lap and just stared at it for awhile.
"You have to put that under the seat," I murmured quietly.
"What?" He asked
"I said, you have to put that underneath the seat in front of you," I muttered.
Shawn rolled his eyes.
"Don't tell me what to do," he growled angrily.
I shrugged. "Fine. Do what you want. I don't care."
Seconds later, the flight attendant came by and looked at Shawn's bag.
"Honey, we made it clear over the intercom announcements that you have to put your bag underneath the seat in front of you," she said grumpily.
I covered my mouth, trying not to laugh as Shawn's face turned a bright red.
He shot me a glare, and I just shrugged my shoulders and gave him a look that said: I told you so.
***
We finally landed and began to get off the plane. We made our way to baggage claim and Shawn protectively grabbed my arm and dragged us through the airport.
"Wait here and don't move," he growled. He walked a couple feet in front of me and grabbed our bags.
I looked apologetically at Shawn. I walked up to him silently.
"I'm sorry," I whispered. He turned around and looked at me, confused. I grabbed both his shoulders and shoved him onto the baggage claim, and he spun and stumbled off. I turned around and bolted through the airport.
"Someone help me!!" I screeched.
Everyone turned and looked at me, confused.
"Someone help me! My name is Mason Byrd, and I've been kidnapped by Shawn Mendes!!"
Gasps echoed throughout the airport.
"Bunny!"
"There he is!" I screeched.
I turned around and saw Shawn. I shrugged my shoulders. Security guards rushed behind and around me. They tackled Shawn and he struggled, but there were too many of them and not enough of him. They pinned him down to the ground and put him in handcuffs.

As they took him away, he turned around and looked at me darkly.

"Oh this isn't the last you'll see of me, darling!!"
I felt my heart pound in my chest.
"I can't wait to see you again!!!"