Chapter 10

Mason P.O.V.

Shawn rushed over to me. I was so scared, I was sobbing. I laid on the ground, shaking and sobbing. Shawn grabbed my shoulders and lifted me off the ground by my shoulders. His own eyes were red from crying.
"Why do you keep leaving me?!" He shouted, shaking me. I let out a small sob.
"Why do you keep leaving me?! Don't you know how much I love you?!" He repeated, searching my eyes for answers.

"I-I just want to go home!" I finally choked out. Shawn's confused eyes turned sad, and then dark and unreadable. Shawn picked me up bridal style and carried me to the car before i close my eyes and fell asleep.

Shawn P.O.V.
I watched Mason's troubled eyes as she slept. Why couldn't she understand that I loved her? Why couldn't she just love me back?
Because you kidnapped her, you idiot.

We finally got to the house, and Mason was still sleeping, so I carried her inside bridal style. I set her down gently on the couch and elevated her foot on a pillow because it was obviously swollen. I pushed her hair away from her face and gave her a sweet kiss on the forehead.
I walked away to the kitchen and poured a shot of tequila. The image of the man in the ally kissing Mason made me hot with anger. I squeezed my tequila glass so hard that it shattered in my hand. I cursed silently and bandaged up my hand. I grabbed another shot glass and took 4 more shots.
Why couldn't Mason understand how much I loved her. I would die for her. She was such an ungrateful bitch. I saved her life and she didn't even say thank you. She just sat there and cried about how she wanted to go home.
I poured more tequila in my glass and took 3 more shots.
Mason P.O.V.
I woke up on the couch with my foot elevated. Loud heavy metal music was booming through the house. I sat up from the couch and stood up. My ankle hurt, but at least I could limp on it. I limped into the kitchen, where Shawn was sitting on the counter with a tequila bottle in hand.
"Shawn?"
He turned his head toward me, and smiled. "Button!" He squealed. He chugged a bit of the tequila before sauntering over to me. He hugged me. His breath stink of alcohol.
"Omigod, Shawn! Are you drunk?" I asked. He shrugged and laughed. He chugged another bit of the tequila. I looked on the kitchen counter and saw two other empty bottles of tequila. My eyes widened.
"Ok, big boy. I think that's enough of that," i murmured, taking his bottle. He put out a pouty lip and gave me puppy dog eyes.
"Give it back!" He whined.
"No!" I barked back. His eyes turned dark. He lifted his hand and slapped me across the face.