Chapter 3

"Good morning, beautiful."

I opened my eyes to see Shawn's smiling face. I pushed him away from me.

"Oh, blossom, don't make me mad first thing in the morning." He growled. He pulled me up from the bed and hugged me in his arms. He planted a soft kiss on my forehead.

"Look at me, darling." He told me. I lifted my head and looked him in the eyes. He frowned.

"Were you crying last night?" He asked. I looked at my feet again. "You have no reason to cry, bunny."

I narrowed my eyes. "What do you mean, I don't have any reason to cry? You killed my only family that I had left. I had my whole life planned, and you ruined it!" I shouted. I shoved him away from me. "I hate you!"

His brown eyes filled with hurt. Good.

"I'm going to the bathroom." I muttered. I stormed into the bathroom and slammed the door. There was a window that I was positive I could fit through.

"You have five minutes, Mason!" Shawn yelled through the door. I rolled my eyes and opened the window. I slipped my feet through and slid down the side of the house. The jump looked far, but i didn't care. I let go of the window-sill and fell down into the front lawn.

"Mason, I warned you!" Shawn shouted. He was leaning over the window. I scrambled to my feet and started to run away. I started to run down the dirt road, ignoring the pain every-time a rock jabbed into my feet. Relief rushed through me when I saw the road ahead of me. I'm almost there!

My thoughts were interrupted when something huge knocked me over.

"Oh, bunny. You though that you could run from me?"

I let Shawn drag me all the way back to the house. He threw me over his shoulder and carried me down to a basement. "Mason, I warned you not to make me angry in the morning." He growled, throwing me onto a large metal table.

"Please...don't hurt me. I-I'm sorry!" I begged him. He grabbed my arms and strapped them to the table above me. He grabbed my feet and strapped them to the table as well. I struggled against the straps but they held strong. "Please,Shawn. I'm sorry! Don't hurt me! I-"

Shawn ignored me and shoved a cloth in my mouth. "Baby, you disobeyed me. That means that you need a punishment," He murmured, grabbing my cheek in his hand. He leaned down and gave me a kiss on my cheek. He walked over to a burning fire and grabbed an iron bar, heating the end of it in the fire. When The end of the bar was hot, he walked back over to me and lifted my shirt to just under my breasts.

"I'm not going to lie. This will hurt like a bitch." Shawn growled into my ear. He stuck the hot iron into my stomach. I screamed and struggled underneath the straps. Tears streamed down my face. After what seemed like ages, Shawn unstrapped my arms and legs. He picked me up bridal style and carried my up the stairs to the living room. He set me on the couch and sat next to me.

"Oh, baby," he murmured, wiping away my tears with his thumb. "I love you." He leaned forward and kissed my cheek. I whimpered. My body was still shaking from the searing pain. He stood up and walked away. I looked down at my red stomach. A red S was carved into my stomach where the iron had been.