Chapter 16

"Mason, what the hell! Hurry up!" I heard Shawn yell from downstairs. I rolled my eyes.

"I'm  coming, have some patience!" I yelled back. It had been a week since we had our conversation about where to travel, and we decided to do a 3 day vacation traveling to Venice and Paris.
I zipped my suitcase and slipped on a Jacket before running downstairs.

"Ok, I'm ready now," I said. Shawn smiled and hugged me. He kissed my forehead before grabbing my suitcase for me and dragging it outside. He threw it into the trunk and motioned for me to hurry up.

"Come on, we are going to be late!" He groaned. I rolled my eyes and buckled my seatbelt.

"The plane leave at 7:15 am. Its 5:30! We'll be fine," I argued. Shawn rolled his eyes before driving away from the house. He grabbed my hand and squeezed.

"Are you excited? I'm excited!" He squealed.

"No not at all, since I've never traveled anywhere except the mini-Mart one block from my house," I said sarcastically. Shawn laughed. I smiled at him and turned up the radio.

"Oh I love this song!" I squealed. I danced around in my seat, making Shawn chuckle.

"I can't drink you away! I've tried Jack, I've tried Jim, I've tried all of the friends! I can't drink you away! All of these rocks, I can't swim, out of this skin I'm living in!" I sung. Shawn laughed.
"What are you? Twelve?" He teased.

I shrugged, still dancing in my seat. "On a scale of 1 to 10," I shot back.
Shawn dropped his jaw and placed his hand on heart. "Ooo. Ouch. That hurt!" He cried.

Shawn P.O.V.
I was so excited to go on this trip with Mason. I loved her. And I think she was starting to warm up to me.

*on the plane*
I waited in the seats anxiously. First we were going to Venice. I bought us first class, so our seats were comfortable. Mason stared anxiously around the plane. I looked at her, confused.

"What's wrong, baby?" I asked sweetly. I brushed her hair behind her ear and held her cheek in my hand.

"I've never been on a plane before, genius!" She snapped. She sighed and closed her eyes. "I-I'm sorry. I'm just scared." She admitted.

I smiled and grabbed her knee reassuringly. "It OK. Your ok. We'll be fine." I leaned in and kissed her forehead.

"Ok, I hope you guys are comfortable, because we are heading to Venice! Our flight attendant Amy will go over some safety rules and regulations with you!" A perky voice said over the intercom. I listened with disinterest and watched Mason instead. She was so damn beautiful. After the lady was done, I felt the plane lurch underneath me. As it sped into the air, I saw mason grip her armrests. Her knuckles went white, and her face went pale. I grabbed her hand and kissed it.

"It's ok, Mason. Take some deep breaths. Your ok," I murmured into her ear. She closed her eyes and took a few deep breaths, and she slowly started to relax.

"T-thanks." She stammered. I smiled and held her hand.

"Get used to it, because if this is what I have to deal with every time we fly, we are never going on a trip again," I teased. Mason glared at me playfully. She slapped my chest with the back of her hand.

"Ouch!" I faked, rubbing the spot where she hit me. She rolled her eyes.

"Baby." She muttered.