Chapter 6

I ran through Shawn's mansion, searching everywhere. "Help me!" I screamed.

I saw The man from target. He ran up to me and grabbed my hands. "I'll help you! We have to run!" He whispered.

"No! You can't help me! He'll kill you!" I screamed. He looked at me, confused.

"Don't you want to get away from him?" He asked me. I nodded, tears streaming down my face.

"Yes, but you have to run! I don't want him to hurt you-"

I was interrupted by a gunshot and the man fell to the ground, bleeding.

"Where are you going, bunny?" Shawn shouted. I screamed and ran through the darkness. I saw my brother standing in a doorway.

"Drake!" I shouted. I ran up to him and hugged him.

"Mason?" He murmured. I nodded against his chest. I was so happy to hear his voice.

"Come on, Drake! We have to run!" I said. I grabbed his hand and pulled, but he wouldn't budge.

"Why?" he asked. Another gunshot sounded and Drake fell to the ground, dead.

"No, No, NO!" I shrieked.

*********

"Hey, bunny, wake up!"

I opened my eyes screaming. I pushed Shawn away, then relaxed realizing that I was in bed and it was all a dream. Shawn pulled me closer to him again. He kissed my forehead and squeezed my shaking body.

"It's ok, bunny. Your safe now. I have you." he murmured. He nestled his head in my neck. I was still shaking, so he kissed my neck softly. He rubbed my back with his hands. "Your ok, baby. I have you." I let out a small sob. "What was your dream, honey? What's wrong?" Shawn asked.

I snuggled closer to him. I hated it, but I knew that his strong embrace made me feel safe.

"You-You where chasing me, and the man from target- he tried too save me. But-But you shot him. Then, I found my brother and you shot him to. Every-time I would try to save someone, they wouldn't move, and they would just look at me with this confused look on their face. And then they would end up dead. I was running in endless darkness, and no matter what you would always find me and kill the person who was trying to help me." I whimpered. Shawn frowned. His brown eyes were dark, unreadable. He kissed me once again on the forehead.

"Go back to sleep, baby. It was only a dream."

*************

"Wake up, baby doll." Shawn murmured sweetly. I opened my eyes to see his brown ones. "Good-morning, my love," Shawn whispered. I smiled sheepishly and blushed. Shawn gave me a crooked smile. He kissed my cheek before getting up and pulling me up with him. "I'm going to go start on breakfast. I love you," he whispered. He turned around and bounded down the stairs. When he was gone, I got dressed in some high-waisted shorts and a crop top. I put my hair down and went down the stairs when I was done. Shawn was in the kitchen making pancakes.

"Bonjour, belle, please take a seat!" Shawn shouted in a bad french accent. I laughed. I sat down at the table. Shawn turned around and handed me a plate with a pancake and three pieces of bacon on it.

"Bon appetite!" He shouted, throwing his hands in the air. I laughed and looked at him skeptically.

"What's with the act?" I asked. Shawn smiled at me.

"Look, Mason...I'm really, really, sorry about the whole Target thing. And I want to make it up to you. I love you so much, and I hate hurting you." Shawn murmured. I looked down at my plate, blinking back my tears. Shawn grabbed my chin and lifted it up. "Please, Mason." He begged. "I'm so,so, sorry." he said sincerely. Guilt filled my chest. I smiled.

"It's ok, I guess. Just no more shooting people in the head, ok?"

Shawn smiled. "Promise."

When I was done, I put my dish in the sink and walked to the living room. I cocked my head when I saw a guitar sitting in the corner. Shawn came in and sat next to me on the couch.

"Do you play?" I asked, pointing at the guitar. He shrugged.

"A little," he replied. I eagerly ran over to the guitar and picked it up. I ran back to him and handed him the guitar. I sat down on the couch and waited. Shawn glared at me. "No." he grunted.

I gave him a pouty lip and puppy eyes. "Please?" Shawn rolled his eyes and groaned.

"Ughhhhh. Fine!" he grunted. He started to play and looked at me and smiled.

"I watch your troubled eyes as you rest,

And I fall in love with every breath.
Wonder if those eyes are really shut,
And am I the one you're dreaming of?

'Cause underneath the darkness
There's a light that's trying so hard to be seen.
And I know this 'cause I've noticed
A little bit shining through the seams.

And if this is what it takes,
Then let me be the one to bare the pain.
Ooh if this is what it takes
I'll break down these walls that are in our way,
If this is what it takes.

You keep on telling me I'm wasting time,
But to call it wasting time oh that's a crime.
And you think it's crazy what I'm trying t'do.
Well baby, I'm a fool for you.

'Cause underneath the darkness
There's a light that's trying so hard to be seen.
And I know this 'cause I've noticed
A little bit shining through the seams, yeah

And if this is what it takes,
Then let me be the one to bare the pain.
Ooh if this is what it takes
I'll break down these walls that are in our way,

'Cause if you don't understand yet
Then I'll never let you forget
That you don't have to do this on your own.

I'll be your shoulder to lean on.
I'll be your right when you feel wrong.
So come on, take my hand, we're moving on.

And if this is what it takes,
Then let me be the one to bare the pain.
Ooh and if this is what it takes,
Then I'll break down these walls,
These walls that are in our way.
If this is what it takes. "

I gaped at him.

"What?" He asked me.

"You can only play the guitar a little? Shawn that was fucking amazing!" I said, throwing my hands up. "Did you write that song?"  He smiled and pointed a finger at me.

"Watch the language." he warned.

I smiled and rolled my eyes. "Whatever."