Chapter Twenty Two: Time to Eat, Sleepyhead

Colt's POV

          It feels good to just sit here with Grant and hold him. He turns to kiss me, so I meet him half way. It's not rough or sloppy, just nice. He grabs my arms, which are still wrapped around him, and pulls us both to where we are now lying face to face. There's no space between us now, so we continue kissing. I start getting stiff below the belt, but so does he. Apparently, Grant notices me blushing because he grins and starts grinding against me.

          "G-grant!" I stutter. He starts going faster, then stops. "What. The. Hell," I pant out. I catch my breath and continue, "Why did you stop?"

          He pulls away a little, and his face grows red. "It's not fair of me to do that again. I don't want to do anything until I'm healed, you're just so damn irresistible." He brushes a strand of hair out of my face and smiles slightly.

          "I feel the same way about you," I smile. I look over at his hand to see that it's wrapped in bandages. I gently take hold of it. "What happened?"

          "Oh, I accidentally slammed it in the door at the nursing home. Sarah wrapped it up for me." Grant blushes, obviously embarrassed.

          I kiss his hand. "It's okay. I've done that before."

          "Do you want to stay the night?" He abruptly asks, changing the subject.

          "I'd love to," I respond, kissing him on the forehead.

           We lie here for a long time, kissing every once in a while. Grant starts to fall asleep, so I close my eyes and follow suit.

          I wake up to someone knocking on the bedroom door. "Grant! Is it safe to come in? Is everyone fully clothed?" It's Sarah, of course.

          Grant doesn't wake up, so I get up slowly, careful not to wake him. I open the door to see the young, dark headed girl. Her arms are crossed and her lips pursed. I step out of the room and quietly close the door behind me. "He's asleep," I smile the way Grant loves, but her face doesn't change.

          "Tell him to wake up. He needs to eat, and I'm guessing you do too."

          "Had he not eaten before I got here? What time is it?"

          "No, and neither did you. I called your friend, and he said that you left right after he woke you up. Get your boyfriend, and go to the kitchen. I'm going to bed," she starts to leave, but then turns back around. "By the way, it's about 8:30."

          "Thanks," is all I say to the girl as she walks away.

          I guess I should wake Grant so he can eat. I walk back into his room and look at how peacefully he's sleeping. A smile appears on my face. This is something Killer Kool could never take from me. He can never know about Grant. I'd kill him if he ever came near my man. I shake away the thoughts and sit on the bed next to the sleeping beauty.

          I put my hand on his shoulder and shake him slightly. "Hey, Grant. Wake up, sweetie." His eyes flutter open, and he looks up to me, a grin forming on his face.

          "What's up?" He asks, his words slurring slightly.

          "Sarah said that you haven't eaten. She has something made for you in the kitchen."

          "Okay, I'll go, but only if you eat with me," he says.

          "Deal. Are you feeling any better?" I notice him wincing as he sits up.

          "Not really, but you make everything better."

          "Did Sarah give you any medicine for your pain?" His words are still slurring, and he's not making much sense.

          "She gave me... something. I think." I just laugh and help him up.

          "Come on, sleepyhead," I chuckle, shaking my head. "Let's get something to eat."