Chapter Ten: The Beginning of An Awkward Ride

Colt's POV

When we walked outside I noticed right off that the car looks just like the one Killer Kool stole. I shake the thought away, and compliment the car. I'm on a date, not an undercover mission to find Killer Kool. I just keep hoping he doesn't interrupt this.

"Where are we going? You said it's a surprise, and I've been wondering all day where- Sorry, I'm rambling," I broke the one rule Stretch gave me. I'm being super awkward.

"Please, say what's on your mind. It's not rambling to me. We are going to Lanie's Legacy Italian. It's one of my favorite restaurants," he says, looking over at me and smiling.

I blush again and say, "I love that restaurant."

"I'm glad. We could've gone somewhere else if you didn't want to eat there. I just thought you might like it, and I assumed correctly."

"Yes, you did." I smile. He makes me feel so good yet so nervous. "I haven't been on a date for a while, so excuse my awkwardness."

"Don't worry, I haven't either. Honestly, I had to ask my friend for advice. It's been a few years since my last date."

"Daniel had to help me with everything. He even cut my hair," I brush through my hair with my hand. I almost called Daniel by his nickname again.

"My friend Sarah helped me. She hasn't been on a date for a while either, but she knows more than I do." His smile is so beautiful.

"Daniel is the same way. Maybe they should meet sometime," I tell him hopefully.

"Yeah, Sarah would like that, I'm sure."

"Maybe we could even double date," I state.

Grant laughs and says, "That would be great."

"How do you like being a librarian?" I ask, changing the subject.