Chapter Thirty Five: Lust Without Trust

Grant's POV

After breakfast, we sat on the couch watching TV. I tried making a few moves on him, but he kept pushing me away.

"Are you alright?" I ask him.

"Yeah, why?" He replied innocently.

"You keep pushing me away," it comes out harsher than I meant. He shifts in his seat, saying nothing. "Well?" I ask.

"It's nothing. Really. Don't worry about it," his eyes shift back and forth between me and the TV.

"Colt, just tell me. Did I do something wrong last night?" I start getting nervous.

"No, no, last night was perfect. I'm just, um, a little sore today."

"Oh, you shouldn't be embarrassed by that. I'm pretty good sized," I smirk at him and he smiles, but he also blushes.

"And now it's time to change the subject," he says.

"Alright, at least let me hold you."

About an hour went by, and I was close to dosing off. Unfortunately, my phone rang, making Colt jump out of his skin.

"Sorry, it's just my phone," I tell him apologetically. I look at the caller ID. Of course, it's Sparky, so I excuse myself to the bathroom for privacy.

"Could you have had worse timing?" I ask her viciously.

"Check his phone."

"What? I'm not in the mood to play games."

"Grant, there's something not right about Colt. I need you to check his phone," she says, worried.

"What're you talking about? You need to calm down. Take a break and relax. Talk to me when you get a hold of yourself."

"No, Grant, please just lis- " I cut her off by hanging up. I can't believe she'd say that to me. Colt is my loyal boyfriend. He'd never keep secrets from me. Or would he?

Elsewhere...

Sparky's POV

"Is it done?" The man asks me in his deep voice. I can tell he's wearing a voice changer, so he doesn't really intimidate me.

"Yes. He's insecure and unsure about everything. He will do it," I say, trying to sound tough. Trying to hold back my tears.

"Good. You know I hate to have to do this to you."

"Listen, I don't even know who you are, or why you're trying to break them up. What'd they ever do to you?"

"Don't play games with me. I know who you and Grant really are. I never trusted him in the first place, but the pieces started fitting together all too well. When I hacked into his phone, I found some incriminating information. I can't wait until he finds out who Colt is. This will be the fight to end all fights. Either Colt will die, or he'll come crawling back to me. It's a win either way."

"Thanks for telling me your epic plan. I feel like you forgot that I work with the most powerful villain known to man. While you were talking, I was breaking free." I stand up and blast him with electricity. "Shocking isn't it?"

I knocked him down, but he stands up as if it didn't even have an effect on him. He takes off his mask. The person underneath wasn't who I expected. In front of me stood Daniel, Colt's best friend.

"Well, here's something you didn't know about me," he says in a relaxed tone. "I work with the most powerful hero known to man. Your powers don't affect me."

"We will see about that," I reply, seething with anger. Let the battle commence.