Chapter Sixteen: He Keeps Me Warm

Colt's POV

          When I wake up the next morning, I am so cold that I think about catching things on fire to warm me up. Instead, I call Grant and have him come over. Maybe we can cuddle to keep each other warm.

I slowly get up so I can look at my frostbitten body in the mirror. I don't look any better than yesterday. I hope Grant doesn't see it. I have no idea how I could explain frostbite when it's the middle of fall. I'd better try to think of something just in case, though.

Suddenly, there's a knock on the door. I open it, and Grant is standing there. "Hello," I say, gesturing for him to come inside. "Make yourself at home."

"Hey, how's it going?" He asks, walking over to my couch.

"It's going, I guess," we chuckle, and I sit down next to him.

          "It's a lot warmer in here than it is at my apartment."

          "I've had chills since last night. Also, excuse my clothing. It's the warmest outfit I own."

          "Well, I don't look any better," he says smirking. I laugh, and his smirk turns into a full grin.

          I forgot that I had the TV on and wouldn't have noticed, but Grant started watching it. "I've been binge watching Glee. I can change it if you want."

          "No, I love this show," he says, and then noticeably shivers.

          I move closer to him. "Are you still cold?" I ask.

          "Yeah, a little bit. Can I take you up on your offer to keep me warm?" He looks up at me innocently.

          "I thought you'd never ask," I say, blushing.

          He lays down and pulls me on top of him. We get to where we are both comfortable and silently watch Glee. After one episode, Grant looks at me and tells me how beautiful I look.

          "I think your burn is making you delusional," I reply, rolling my eyes.

          "No, really. You're so beautiful. How did I manage to meet someone like you?" He says all of it with total seriousness.

          "I wonder the same thing about you. I've never met such a gorgeous, wonderful person." I give him a kiss on his forehead, and he puts his lips against mine.

          The kiss is short lived because he pulls back to see my reaction. I make the move this time. We lie on the couch kissing for a couple minutes. Grant starts to remove my shirt, but I stop him. He looks at me, scared he did something wrong.

          "I'm sorry, I just got caught up in the mo—" He starts to say, but I cut him off.

          "You're fine. I'd love to, but I had an accident last night. I didn't want to worry you, so I didn't tell you about it. I have severe bruising on my abdomen and back. I'm really sorry, I just don't want you to see me like that."

          "I understand. I don't want you to see my burns either, so we're even," he laughs, and I do too, but then I sneeze.

          "That's the first time I've sneezed since you got here. I think you're helping my cold," I say with a smirk.

          "My burns haven't hurt as bad since I've been here. Maybe it's a sign," he chuckles.

          "I think it is," I say softly. I give him another kiss, and we go back to watching our show in silence.