Chapter Eighteen: A Jealous Friend

Colt's POV

          After almost a half hour of cuddling and talking, I start to get hungry. My stomach growls so loud that Grant gives me a funny look. "Sorry, I guess I'm starting to get hungry," I tell him, blushing.

          "It's okay, I am too. What do you have to eat?"

          "Not much, but I can ask Daniel to pick something up for us."

          "Sounds good to me. You can pick what we get. I like surprises," he says wiggling his eyebrows.

          We both laugh for the millionth time, and I give him a kiss on the forehead. "I'll call him," I say as I get up. I call Stretch, and tell him what to get. He grumbles when I tell him to get something for Sarah too.

          I go back in the living room. For a second, I think Grant is asleep, but his eyes open suddenly. "I don't think sleeping will be on the agenda tonight," he groans.

"We can talk, cuddle, and watch Glee. Sounds better than sleeping to me," I lie down and pull him close.

          "That sounds amazing." He kisses me again, more passionately this time, then moves to where he's on top of me. Luckily, he was careful not to hurt me where I'm "bruised".

          "Grant!" I moan loudly. He "accidentally" grinded his hips against mine. He pulls back and looks at me with a smirk on his face. "Sorry, I didn't mean to be so loud," I say blushing.

          "It's okay, I liked it," he continues kissing me, with the occasional grind.

          We stay like that for minutes that feel like hours. Unfortunately, I hear the lock on my door turn. I push Grant off of me as fast as I can without hurting him. Stretch walks in and raises an eyebrow at us. I look at Grant and notice his hair is all messed up.

          "We fell asleep for the whole afternoon," I say, trying to get out of the embarrassing conversation that is yet to come.

          He smirks and makes a face that tells me he's not letting me live this down. Then his eyes switch to my partner in crime. "Good to see you, Grant. How're your burns?" Stretch put extra emphasis on the word "burns". I give him a questioning look, but his eyes are locked on Grant.

          "They're healing, I guess. I'm an idiot for spilling boiling water on myself," he says with his eyes piercing Stretch's.

          "Yeah, it's good that they're healing," he looks at me and nods to the hallway. I get up and follow him to my room.

          "What are you doing?" I ask, crossing my arms.

          "I don't believe him," he responds simply.

          "Don't do this, Stretch. You always do this. I'm sorry that I'm sending you to his apartment, but that doesn't mean you should start getting jealous—"

          "Get real, Colt. I am not jealous of him," he spits the words at me as if they're venom.

          "Come on, Stretch, I've ignored it for years, but it has to stop. Every time I dated a guy, you would find some dirt on him. I may not have the best taste in men, but Grant is different. He's the best guy I've ever met. Not to mention that he was the one who asked me out. Let it go. I love him, and I don't want you to interfere with this, okay?" I look at him with pleading eyes, but he won't go down without a fight.

          "I don't know what you're talking about. All I've done is protect you from the assholes you've dated over the years."

          "Stop pretending. I know you're in love with me!" I regret the words as they come out. I've known since we first met. I looked in his eyes, and they sparkled with love. I never had the heart to reject him, so we just pretended. There's no going back now.

          His face dropped, and he looked defeated. I try to apologize, but he stops me. "Don't talk to me," he walks out of the room, and I hear the front door slam shut. I just stand here, shocked. I don't know what to do.

Kyv