Chapter Thirty One: The Favor

Colt's POV

            "Colt!" Stretch shouts at me. I was taking a nap, so I'm extremely confused as to what's going on.

            "Whhaaaat?" I groan at him, hoping he'll leave me alone to sleep.

            "Remember that mob boss you'd been tracking for months, then he disappeared? Well guess who was able to track down where he is!" He shouts excitedly.

            That immediately perks me up. "Are you kidding me? Where is he?" I ask him, eager to find this guy.

            "He's monitoring some kind of deal at the Wack Warehouse on 5th Street. You might be able to get the drop on him if you go now."

            "Thanks, Stretch! You're the best! I'll be back in a bit," I say, then I'm off to catch a mob boss. It feels like Christmas.

            I monitor what's going on from a tall, nearby building, so I can understand what I'm up against. I can see Richori in the front talking with someone and two gunmen on his left and right. I'm sure there are more of them walking around somewhere, but they don't matter. I'm about to go down there when I notice a figure up above. I put on the night vision goggles Stretch gave me to get a better look. I gasp when I see who it is. Of course, Killer Kool is helping Richori.

            I can't believe this. Why does he always have to ruin everything? I've already dealt with him once today, and I don't want to again. I'm going to handle this a different way than I normally would.

            I swoop down behind him and clear my throat to get his attention. He gives me a surprised look, but immediately goes into a fighter's stance. I raise up my hands to show him I don't mean any harm. "Please, just listen to me. I don't want to hurt you, I just want to talk," I say calmly.

            He relaxes a little. "What are you doing, Flame?" He asks, obviously confused. I would be too if I were him.

            "I've been tracking this mob boss for years. I need to take him down, Kool. Please let me do this," I plead to him. Never did I think I'd be pleading to my worst enemy, but I really don't want to fight him right now.

            He smirks, which makes me feel a little nervous. "Well, Richori is offering me a favor for protecting his deal. What would you offer me for betraying him? I mean, a favor from the biggest mob boss in town. What's more valuable than that?" He's getting cocky.

            "Just tell me what you want," I say sternly. I don't want to waste any more time.

            "Promise me a favor. Anything I want, anytime, you'll be there to deliver." His smirk grows, making me feel uncomfortable.

            "Okay, but I have a couple conditions." I pause, and he makes a motion telling me to continue. "You can't make me put anyone I love in danger," he nods, "and you can't make me reveal who I really am. My identity will be kept secret from you."

            He pouts a little. "Come on, that's no fun! I don't know why you need that restriction. Why would I waste my favor on learning who you are?" He's playing me, and I don't like it.

            "That's my offer. You can have an infinite amount of restrictions with the mortal mob boss, or you can have only two with the immortal who is your equivalent. I think I'm being fair, considering I'm one of the most powerful beings on Earth." Two can play at being arrogant.

            Kool stands there for a moment, most likely considering my offer. "More than anything, I want to see you suffer, but I can't refuse. Richori is yours," he unemotionally says, then takes off.

            This will most likely come back to haunt me, but I'm going to enjoy taking in Richori while it lasts.

A/N: What up my fans! How's it going? I just gotta ask (for future updates), do you want there to be smut or nah? I have been thinking on this a lot, and I just can't decide. Obviously, I should let you all decide! Please let me know and I'll do whatever the majority says! Thanks for reading!

P.S. The smut would be labeled with a warning sign so you could skip it if you wanted. Thanks again!