Chapter Thirty: This Villain isn't Cold-Hearted

Grant's POV

            I almost crash into a wall in my apartment when I get there. I quickly change and collapse on the couch. The tears start flooding out of my eyes. I'm just a pathetic mess right now.

            "Grant? Are you okay?" I hear Sparky say. I don't respond, so she continues to bother me. "What happened? Where'd you go earlier?"

            "Would you leave me the hell alone for once," I spat at her.

            "No, tell me what's wrong. You've been gone for an hour. Where were you?" She persists.

            "It's probably on the news. Why don't you just watch that instead of pestering me?" I hiss.

            "Stop. You know I won't watch the news when it concerns you. I want your story. Not some stupid reporter's. They're never on your side, even when you're right," she says with slight annoyance.

            "Fine. I threatened to tear down Randall Tower, and gave it a few minutes to evacuate. Then, hothead showed up and ruined it, alright?"

            "Why are you crying though?" She asks with concern.

            "I had a realization, and I don't want to talk about it. I'm sorry I snapped at you," I say apologetically. Hopefully she'll fall for my ruse and leave me alone.

            "Okay, but we're going to talk about this some other time. Tonight, you have that thing for the mob, though." She brushes the hair out of my face. "Calm down and relax for a while. If they think Killer Kool was crying, you'd be out of a job." She gets up and goes to her room. Sparky always knows what to say.

            I'd totally forgot about that thing for the mob, though. She's right, I'll have to get it together before then. I turn on the TV and make some coffee. There's nothing good on, so I just put on an old episode of Rick and Morty.

            After a few minutes, I start feeling better. Then, I felt my phone vibrating. I look at the screen, and it says Colt is calling me. I instantly start to feel worse again, so I ignore it. I just can't talk to him right now because I'll end up skipping the mob thing, so I can go talk and cuddle with him. He tries to call again, and I ignore it. Sorry Colt.

A few hours later. . .

            "Are you sure you don't want me to go with you?" Sparky asks.

            "I'm fine. I'm just there to make sure everything goes smoothly and as a distraction if Hothead shows up. I'll be fine." I give her a reassuring look.

            "Alright, just be careful," she says reluctantly.

            "I'll be back in an hour or less if this goes over smoothly." She nods, and I bolt out the door.

            When I get to the warehouse, I go to the roof and hide in the shadows. Turning on my voice changer (it makes my voice darker and deeper), I let the boss know I'm here. "Is our deal still on, Richori?"

            Trying to act like he wasn't startled, he responds in a semi-cool voice. "Yes of course, Killer Kool. Protect us from the flame-shooter and the cops, and I'll personally owe you a favor. Wasn't that the deal?" His confidence rose with every word, but he started to sound like he was mocking me. I can't allow that.

            I shoot blade of ice near him to strike the fear back into him. "That's the deal, and don't you dare make a mockery of it. If you ever betray any of our deals, I'll personally make sure you never make another deal in your life. Understand?" I spat at him mercilessly.

            "Y-yes, sir. I never meant to make a mockery—" Richori stutters, but I interrupt him.

            "Of course you didn't," I say sarcastically. "Shut up and do your job, or I'll have a frozen sculpture of you in my hideout. A sculpture that might accidentally get broken."

            "Understood, Killer Kool." He talks into a walkie talkie for a moment. "Are you ready, sir?"

            "Yes, let's get this over with," I say, already aggravated.

�����<>